Job: Lead User Experience Designer; Company: Method; Location: New York; Full-time
6 Jul 2009 - 12:36pm
6 years ago
Create and direct excellent user experience design and deliverables for
Method projects, according to user-centered design principles and Method
standards. The Lead User Experience Designer will be the voice on a project
for Method’s UX approach, within the project team and in interactions with
clients. In addition, s/he will represent UX by developing appropriate work
plans during the business development process, and by overseeing and
mentoring other UX designers, ensuring quality deliverables and helping
junior designers understand and model Method practices.
- As UX lead on a project, create, as well as direct, junior and senior
designers in each step of the UX process, including project planning,
discovery, user research and analysis, requirements definition, conceptual
design, content planning, interaction planning, and interaction
- Creating project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate
the UX strategy and the reasoning behind it. These deliverables include:
project plans, discovery findings, research protocols, research findings,
personas, task lists, workflows, wireframes, page maps, interaction and
behavior specifications, and anything else required to describe UX plans and
strategies. Creating these deliverables to Method specifications and within
described project timeframes.
- Present concepts, facilitate brainstorm sessions, and workshops with
clients and studio teams.
- Work closely with strategists, visual designers, and technologists –
advocating for the best design for the end user.
- Work closely with design leadership to resolve issues and maintain the
quality of Method’s creative deliverables.
- Work closely with design leadership and strategy to assist in refining
processes and practices with regards to user research, design planning, and
- Participate in new business pitches to win new, and extend existing client
relationships. Work with client services and the Director, UX to scope
projects for clients, with specific responsibility for creating a work plan
for UX processes designed to deliver against the client’s needs.
- Provide mentorship to junior and senior level UX designers by exposing
them to new challenges, decisions, and meetings.
- Constructive participation in UX team and studio workshops to develop and
refine best practices and processes.
- Staying abreast of industry best practices for UX design and processes,
and for any project, gathering sufficient information to support appropriate
UX design for the given platform and technology.
- Proven experience leading the UX practice on projects
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions.
- 7+ years experience designing workflow, interaction and UI for
two or more of the following:
- Large-scale, web applications (B2C or B2B)
- Desktop Software
- Mobile Devices
- Interactive TV / 10’ apps
- Product interface design
- BA or MA in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or HCI, or
- Expertise in human interface guidelines, standards, and best
practices as they apply to platforms
- Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in
writing), especially focused on running work-sessions and articulating and
defending design decisions.
- Ability to work with technology experts to uncover and
understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to design
- Use appropriate software (e.g., Adobe InDesign and Adobe
Illustrator or OminGraffle) to create professional-quality, well-designed
deliverables, to Method specifications.