Middle weight Interaction Designer , Borehamwood, UK (Cyber-Duck Ltd)
26 Jul 2009 - 11:22am
Cyber-Duck (http://www.cyber-duck.co.uk <http://www.cyber-duck.co.uk> ) are looking for a highly motivated Interaction Designer (IxD, UxD) with a strong ability to distill user research and business requirements into functional wireframes and interface specifications to join our award-winning London based digital agency, specialising in interactive media. Projects will combine web 2.0 websites and web software (SaaS) for Cyber-Duck’s clients.
Cyber Duck uniquely combine expertise from all fields, offering fully integrated user-centered web production, online marketing, web technology and branding solutions under one roof. The successful candidate will be providing examples of work demonstrating ability to generate ideas, problem solve and arrive at a solution effectively.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Meet clients and understand business requirements
· Collaborate with project manager to create site maps, flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
· Collaborate with designers to design great user experiences/interfaces for websites and web software’s (create multiple solutions to a single usability problem)
· Coordinate or execute user research efforts (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
· Establish information design standards for projects and ongoing enhancements
· Project management skills
· Art Direction at initial stages
· Excellent English language writing skills
Skills and Experience:
· 2 years of experience in interaction design or information architecture
· Understand MySQL databases and technicalities for large web 2.0 projects
· Prototyping apps / platforms like Axure, Flash
· Understanding of web accessibility
· Cross-disciplined candidates (Interactive Design with project management, business systems analysis, design research, visual design, design technology and information architecture) will be given higher consideration
With offices based in Borehamwood this is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that is focused on generating tangible results that are meaningful for businesses. The successful candidate should be willing to grow with a small team and would ideally suit someone who is local (Herts/North West London, UK).
Salary is based on experience. A full UK working visa is mandatory.