JOB: NYC: Director of User Experience, agency-side, fulltime, $500 ref bonus. UX recruiter (JWG)
4 Aug 2009 - 6:18pm
Hi IxDAers; hope the summer's been treating you all swimmingly.
Have a new job to share---I'm offering a $500 referral bonus eligibility on
this one, so I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along to your favorite +
trusted UX networks; thanks!
Seeking a fulltime DIRECTOR OF UX for large, stable agency with offices
around the world
who is stretching + growing their digital offerings. Great time to get
in at the early stages of this company's UX growth + help strategize
and grow the team + the agency's UX offerings overall in their NYC office.
No formal job description to speak of, but if the below descrpition is
you, please raise your hand + let me know you're interested, and we
can talk more about it.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
* Local NYC candidates highly preferred. 100% onsite position.
* MUST MUST MUST have solid history of recent interactive agency experience
+ proven ability to pitch to clients
* Experience working on highly transactional/interactive web dev
projects + application design projects is also a must---must be
able to do the UX heavy lifting, as well as pitch in on marketing/microsite
* Must be extremely proactive, client-facing, and able to form
strategic alliances + relationships with cross-disciplinary teams and
be able to "sell" them on the importance + role of UX
* Proven experience directly managing UX teams between 5-10 people,
* Experience hiring/firing, growing UX teams, mentoring jr level
* Visio skills must be top notch
* Masters Degree in HCI or related field is strongly preferred
* Must be authorized to work in the USA
email resume + URL/samples (wires, sitemaps, personas, etc) to:
joanne (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
Thanks, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!