The Interaction Design Association (IxDA) and the Savannah College of
Art and Design (SCAD) are proud to announce Interaction 10 in
Savannah, GA, February 4-7, 2010. Mark your calendar so you don't
miss this incredible opportunity to gather with several hundred other
design professionals from around the world.
Weâve got lots of new ideas this year, and three new ways for you
to get involved! Hereâs a taste of whatâs in store:
* Discussions, Activities, Demos, Presentations -- We want you to get
engaged! We're evolving the sit-and-listen conference formula to have
you learn from each other. New sessions that you can lead can create a
discussion, run a group activity, or demonstrate a case study or idea.
See below for how you can submit a session proposal to lead a
discussion, activity, demonstration or presentation. Speaker
submissions close on September 15, 2009.
* Inspirational Speakers -- Learn from industry leaders and other
surprise guests as they share their vision of the interaction design
* Workshops -- Half-day workshops prior to the conference are
designed to give you a deep dive into topics that will give your
interaction design skill set the boost it deserves.
* Community Documentaries -- This year see the debut of two community
documentaries that assemble voices from around the world to understand
the amazing breadth of interaction design.
-- "Interaction Design: What's That?" gathers the variety of
opinions globally around how we understand our field.
-- "Interaction Design: A Day in the Life" documents the daily
tasks and habits around how we do our work.
This means you! See below to learn how you can submit a short video
to this ground-breaking project.
* Art Exhibition -- Design meets Art. An exhibition exploring
âinteractionâ in new and interesting ways, featuring works by
your fellow designers, and maybe even you. See below to learn how you
can submit an exhibition proposal.
* Local Design Challenge -- Join your fellow conference attendees as
IxDA partners with the Creative Coast Alliance to tackle a design
challenge that benefits the local community.
* Student Competition -- Meet the designers of tomorrow in the
student competition, hosted by SCAD.
* Receptions -- Two receptions on Friday and Saturday evenings for
mingling and meeting your community.
We want you to participate in Interaction 10! This is your conference
and we want to hear what you have to say. Visit the Interaction 10
site at http://interaction.ixda.org for more information on how to
submit your session, video or concepts.
Remember these Dates
* Submissions for speaker sessions are open until September 15th,
* Registration opens October 15th, 2009.
* Video and exhibition submissions close on November 1st, 2009.
* Interaction 10 Conference February 4-7, 2010 in Savannah, GA, USA
Interaction 10 will be an amazing experience you wonât want to
miss! Immerse yourself completely at the premier event for
interaction designers. For the latest updates, follow us on Twitter
* Are you interested in becoming a much-appreciated sponsor for
Interaction 10? Email sponsorship at ixda.org. This is a great
opportunity to support the IxDA community and put your brand in front
of thousands of interaction design professionals.
Bill DeRouchey and Jennifer Bove
co-chairs, Interaction 10