Job: Interactive Project Manager at Threespot Media (full-time, Washington, DC)
19 Aug 2009 - 9:21am
Please feel free to send me your resume, or to pass this along to anyone you think might be interested:
Cultivating durable, satisfying, creative, and profitable client relationships is the priority of Threespot's Client Services department. The Project Manager is responsible for successfully implementing and managing client projects in support of those relationships. Typical projects include website design and development, web-based application and technology solution development, and online marketing and multimedia projects.
The mandate for all Threespot PMs is, simply, to own the project. Key high-level responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with Account Managers to develop scope, timeline, and resource budgets for client solutions;
* Creating and managing project plans using Microsoft Project;
* Tracking budget expenditures and reporting status or escalating issues to Account Managers, the Director of Client Services, or others as appropriate;
* Collaborating with creative, technical, and client teams to understand the brand, audience, and business; solution design; requirements gathering and assessment; business analysis; and test plan creation and execution, among others;
* Owning day-to-day project and Threespot team management;
* Owning day-to-day client project-team communications;
* Managing and maintaining the appropriate project scope to ensure projects stay on schedule and within resource budget.
PMs report to the Director of Project Management.
* Three years experience managing interactive projects in an external client-facing environment
* Working-to-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
* Experience or familiarity with traditional waterfall, Agile, and other development/project management methodologies
* One to two years experience working with technical teams and web-based technologies and concepts such as ASP.NET, Open Source frameworks, Content Management Systems, Semantic Markup, Tableless Layouts, PHP, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL
* One to two years experience working in a graphic and user-interface design-intensive environment
* Experience with managing resource pools that are shared among multiple projects and clients
* Outstanding problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Self-motivated, positive, and able to focus on delivering high-quality and timely results for projects or assignments
* Ability to identify and assess risks to project timelines, resource budgets and overall success; and then adjust course effectively around rapidly changing information
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to think strategically, act quickly, multi-task, work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility, and make things happen
* Outstanding interpersonal skills for negotiating priorities and resolving conflicts among project stakeholders
* Outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and team spirit
* Responsible for projects ranging from quick-turnaround interactive campaigns to large-scale, multi-year website design and development projects for high-profile non-profit, for-profit, and government clients
* Build and manage project plans and budgets
* Work with project team to define strategic solutions for clients based on business needs
* Monitor and manage projects day-to-day
* Manage and build client relationships on a project level
* Manage and augment cross-functional teams, including user experience specialists, writers, designers, developers, and QA specialists
* Work with management to schedule and allocate staff based on their existing workload and priorities
* Prioritize, manage, and solve problems as they arise
* Regularly communicate with project teams and clients, such as on weekly tasking and status reports
* Work with other PMs to follow established and improve existing processes
* Cultivate and maintain enthusiasm for Threespot work among both client and internal teams
* Innovate. Challenge business-as-usual with new ideas, practices, and perspectives.
* Actively support company growth by participating in new business pitches and proposals, as expertise and availability allow
* Embody and champion the Threespot brand in all interactions with project teams and internal staff
* Cover letter, resume, and salary history to pmjobs at threespot.com
* No phone calls, please
* No contractors, please
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
Erin Myers | Director of Human Resources
Threespot | 3333 14th Street NW | Suite 300 | Washington, DC 20010
p: 202.471.1126 | f: 202.518.0425
This message may contain confidential information. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not copy, use, or distribute this information. If you have received this message in error, please call 202-471-1010 or return it promptly by mail.
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.