(JOB) Sr. Information Architect in NYC for Temp to Perm
26 Sep 2009 - 4:15pm
Our client is global news company who looking for an experienced IA to help with re-architecting the entire site as well as a CRM migration.
* Organizing content logically to create exceptional site architectures that are both highly usable and supportive of business goals.
* Critiquing site architectures based on industry best practices and providing recommendations for improvement.
* Creating and maintaining documentation including: site maps, wire frames, data schemas, content hierarchies and taxonomies.
* Creating and evaluating interface architectures utilizing user-centered design principles.
* Working with design, editorial, and technology team members to gain consensus on the feasibility of proposed user interface designs.
* BS/BA Degree
* 4+ years experience working as an information architect with major (pref media) companies
* Knowledge of content management systems, graphic design software, and flow chart software.
* Demonstrable ability to translate requirements into architectural recommendations.
* Deep understanding of current user-centered interactive design philosophies and methodologies.
* Demonstrable ability to translate user research and analysis into usability recommendations.
* Superior communication skills including the ability to communicate the vision of the user experience and functionality to the team, negotiate divergent viewpoints, and build consensus.
* Initiative, excellent judgment, independence, and solid problem solving skills
419 Lafayette Street 6th floor
New York, NY 10003