[JOB] User Interface Designer - NYC - Purpose Campaigns - Full Time
5 Oct 2009 - 9:49am
User Interface Designer
Purpose Campaigns is an international team based in New York that builds
cutting-edge social and political movements. Our principals David Madden and
Jeremy Heimans co-founded GetUp.org – an Australian online political
movement that is now larger than all Australia’s political parties put
together and www.avaaz.org/en/, the world’s largest online political
community with more than 3.3 million members (a partnership with
Purpose Campaigns is currently advising advocacy groups and progressive
companies around the world and is also incubating new issue-based movements.
We’re a new, unusual and evolving combination of an agency and a home for
political and social entrepreneurship. Most recently we’ve launched http://livestrongaction.org, a movement platform designed to raise awareness
around the fight against cancer.
We’re looking to expand our team. We are looking to add a full time team
User Interface Designer:
The user interface designer is responsible for generating the technical
documentation to sufficiently communicate the functionality and flow of a
web platform to the development and design teams. This is inclusive of
generating wireframes, functionality specs, coordinating with in house and
external designers, client communication to clarify goals and objectives,
and interfacing with the strategy team in order to define the required
toolsets. The ideal candidate will have some experience in online advocacy
and with a keen interest in new ways to use technology to build large-scale,
Candidates must be able to show examples of how they solved complicated
problems without burdening users with complexity.
- Drive user interface designs from the initial vision, to
conceptualization, through prototyping, to implementation which may include
developing high level, and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes
to effectively communicate the functionality and flow of the product to
designers and developers.
- Lead the QA phase of testing post production to ensure conformity of
the final product to the generated specifications.
- Provide status updates to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2 years user experience design or related field.
- Proven experience designing customer facing interfaces.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX and QA principles and best practices.
- Must have experience creating mockups and wireframes using one of the
common software packages.
- Knowledge or familiarity with user research, and usability testing.
- Excellent visual and oral/written communication skills.
- Passion for and demonstrated knowledge of user-centered design.
- Experience with the Drupal CMS
- Degree in design or related discipline.
- Graphic Design experience.
Please respond to technology (at) purposecampaigns * com with a resume, up
to 3 websites with commentary of how you suggested a user interface
improvement that was adopted, and salary requirements.
Purpose Campaigns provides full health benefits and a competitive salary. We
have an office in Union Square and soon we’ll have a puppy.