We're looking for hosting service & Drupal support suggestions as
options to consider for the upcoming new IxDA.org website. Presently
we're hosted by Dreamhost and that may be the right option going
forward but we'd love to get some additional ideas from the
community. Here are our technical specifications:
- Web-accessible IP address
- Apache web server (2.x preferred)
- PHP 5.2 minimum
- MySQL 5.0 minimum
- Unix environment (OS X, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc.) required
- PHP should be set to at least 64 MB of RAM per process, and we need
the Apache mod_rewrite module enabled on the server.
- IRunning an Opcode cache is recommended.
- Storage requirements of 2GB (1GB of storage space for the site's
mySQL database and an additional 1GB of storage for files like
images, videos, PDFs, etc. should be sufficient to begin with)
- Bandwidth requirements will be driven by the number of visits to
the site and the type of behavior visitors engage in while there. (We
presently have a membership of 12,000, and it's growing at a rate of
about 100 members per month. This past month, we've seen 50,000
visits, mostly via Google searches that land on our discussion
The other major component is having Drupal admins available for
maintenance, fixing any problems that occur and possibly for making
ad-hoc changes to the system when needed.
We appreciate your inputs! Either post here or email me via
ixd(at)elizabethbacon(dot)com. Thank you!