Job: Senior User Experience Designer; Palo Alto, CA
19 Jan 2005 - 10:51pm
I'm forwarding this for a colleague. Please DO NOT respond to me.
Contact information can be found at the end of the listing.
Senior User Experience Designer
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world’s leading
enterprise software company, and the world’s third-largest
independent software supplier overall. SAP employs about 29,000
people in more than 50 countries, and achieved over €7 billion
annual revenues in 2002.
You will work in product development teams located in Palo Alto,
CA, focusing on innovative user-centric software solutions for
the corporate managers and employees.
• Lead the translation of business process and end-user needs
into software interaction, and user interface design for smart
client based software.
• Engage collaboratively and flexibly with team members develop
scenarios using storyboards, wireframes and flow diagrams.
• Play an active role in all aspects of the design process
including identification of user needs, requirements definition,
storyboarding, prototyping and iterative end user validation.
• Passion for end-user focused software application design.
Experienced contributor to the end-to-end software design
process, including user-research, ideation, design, development
support, and product rollout phases.
• Well developed analytical and critical thinking skills around
product design, business process analysis, and presentation
• Perspectives on current user interface trends, and their impact
on software design.
• Excellent interaction design skills such as: user process flow
design and modeling, user-to-user work flow modeling, and
scenario based UI design are critical.
• Well developed talent in data visualization, UI
layout/wire-framing, sketching/storyboarding, and interface
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively
convey ideas to cross-functional technical and non-technical
• Several years of experience in interaction design and user
• Experience in business process design or information
• Documented work that follows user-centric design process
• Experience designing desktop productivity software a plus