We're searching for a Senior Interactive Designer who wants to change the world by creating engaging online experiences for some of the leading nonprofits, foundations and socially responsible businesses.
This position requires an interest in current web and online trends; the ability to manage a project efficiently and on budget; and a shared passion for our belief that building amazing online experiences for progressive organizations will make the world a better place.
The Senior Interactive Designer works directly with our VP and SVP of online services to develop engaging Web sites, online applications, widgets, Facebook applications and other interactive experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conceptualize and design outcomes-focused Web sites, applications, widgets, tools and games
• Set creative and aesthetic design direction for interactive design team
• Site mapping, wire framing and light coding ability
• Creating prototype tools for conceptual and technical testing
• Maintaining knowledge of leading and latest web technologies
• Creating video content using Flash and/or Final Cut Pro
• Editing sound for web based content
• At least five years experience in Web site design, development, production (or comparable)
• Strong technology skills, including daily use of Web-based tools
• Exceptional design skills - portfolio required
• Proven track record of leading the creative development of interactive projects
• Strong sense of simple and smart information architecture
• Familiarity with social change or NPO online campaigning
• Expert in Adobe CS4, Flash, MS Office, iWork
• Ability to organize and deliver multiple design elements to large scope web projects
• CMS system knowledge - Drupal, Wordpress, etc.
• Working knowledge of .Net and Visual Studio
• Prior experience in an agency environment a plus
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
People of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fenton Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Us: Fenton Communications is a pioneer in public interest PR, with a quarter century of experience working in some of the country's most important social change and social justice movements. Past and present, Fenton's clients include progressive groups such as MoveOn.org and True Majority, major foundations such as Hewlett and Gates, and non-profits such as the New York Academy of Medicine and the Global Fund for Women.
New Projects Coordinator
243 5th Ave, Ste. 460
New York, NY 10016
tel: 212.812.4180 x103 ***NEW NUMBER***