JOB: User Experience Designer - Falls Church, VA and Durham, NC - Viget Labs (Fulltime)
2 Dec 2009 - 10:41am
Viget Labs is a full-service web consulting and development firm
headquartered in Falls Church, VA with an office in Durham, NC.
We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a
rare firm that does both great design and development work when
building award-winning web sites. We work with early-stage web
start-ups (e.g, Squidoo, Odeo, RateItAll, and a few we can't talk
about yet), as well as mature businesses (e.g., Choice Hotels and
Sodexo) and non-profits (e.g., National Geographic, PBS, EarthEcho).
Our UX team provides a range of services - including research,
strategy, and design - to those clients. When we can, we also share
our methods and our opinions on our UX blog.
Our UX Designers:
* Never tire of discovering what users really need and using creative
user research methods to gather those critical insights.
* Have an innate sense of and strong opinion about good usability
when it comes to web applications, and an ability to clearly
* Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas, then document them
(using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches,
wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user flow, personas, and
scenarios) to drive decisions, facilitate understanding, and reach
* Expertly present recommendations to team members and clients,
alike on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation
that are considerate of project scope and phasing.
* Have a proven record of success in managing web projects from
straightforward marketing sites to complex web-based products that
require loads of custom development.
* Enjoy working with agile development teams for start-up clients and
helping those clients focus on realistic deliverables.
* Have a perfectionist nature, but wont lose momentum because of
* Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe a little
* Play well with others and take pride in his/her communicative and
* Understand established interactive technologies and possess an
undying thirst to learn about new ones.
* Are experts on the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web
To be considered to work at Viget Labs, you should exhibit these
UX Designers must also:
* Have at least 2 years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
* Have a BA, BS, BFA, or equivalent work experience in areas such as
human-computer interaction, information science, graphic or
industrial design, computer science, fine arts, social sciences such
as psychology, or another related field.
Provide an exceptional resume and portfolio of work with details of
your responsibilities and accomplishments to brian.talbot at viget
dot com. We will be in touch quickly if your resume and experience
match whats outlined above.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. EOE.
Confidentiality is ensured.