[Job] Superstar Interaction Designer, Cambridge, MA @ monster.com
7 Dec 2009 - 7:06pm
Ali S. Hussain
Monster is looking to hire an enthusiastic Interaction Designer to
create engaging and meaningful interactive experiences for our end
users globally. Were looking for a passionate IxD designer to help
us redefine how consumers will use the internet to search for jobs
and candidates, connect, network and manage their careers.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of interaction
designers, visual designers, user researchers and copywriters
committed to developing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed new
products and overhauling existing ones in accordance with Monsters
new brand guidelines.You will participate in UX research, persona
development, scenario modeling, concepts, annotated wireframes,
interactive models, and functional prototypes alongside your UX Lead,
who will provide you with direction and guidance throughout all the
teamwork activities. You will be exposed to web 2.0 paradigms and
methodologies that will transform linear UX thinking into a
multidimensional experience. This role will be based in the new
Technology Center of Excellence and Innovation in Cambridge, MA.
* Love what you do.
* 5-7 years experience in comparable roles.
* Bachelors degree required in design-related discipline:
Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
* Proven track record delivering high quality work while hitting
commitments and timeframes based on product and business
* Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across,
multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to
tough design questions and issues.
* Strategic thinking while executing with great attention to
* Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including
basic usability, industry standards, web analytics and brand.
* Proficient to expert in some of these tools: Microsoft Visio,
Omnigraffle, Intuitec, Axure, Morae, UserView, Clickdensity,
Tapefailure, Photoshop, Fireworks.
* Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions
* Masters degree in design-related discipline: Interaction,
Graphic or Interface design.
* Experience with web 2.0, design patterns, rich internet
applications and delivery methodologies.
a huge plus.
Email ali.hussain [at] monster [dot] com with your resume. Links to
online portfolio or work samples are encouraged.