JOB: Mid-Level to Senior UX Architect, Central London (Temporary) - Tribal DDB London
8 Jan 2010 - 4:56am
Tribal DDB London are looking for a Mid-Level to Senior User
Temporary Contract: Salary competitive, 6 months pro rata (no daily rates)
About Tribal DDB:
Tribal DDB is the digital arm of DDB. You may know us from sites such
as volkswagen.co.uk and guinness.com, or prominent recent campaigns
such as thegtiproject.com for VW (still live) and
monopolycitystreets.com for Hasbro (now ended). Over the next few
months we're anticipating a series of substantial and very interesting
products for our major clients, both in the campaign site and website
User Experience Architect (Mid-Level to Senior)
The UX Architect is responsible for designing, developing and
documenting the structure of both web sites and applications. Examples
of required deliverables include site maps, user journeys, transaction
flows, schematics, navigation models). In this role, you will be
expected to work collaboratively with a project team and support other
UX and in the execution of all user experience deliverables.
An important consideration is that much of Tribal DDB’s work is on
digital marketing sites, where the emphasis is as much on persuasion
and motivating the user as on the organization of information. This
means that a creative design imagination is as important for this role
as are traditional information architecture skills.
• Creating the information architecture for marketing,
informational, and transactional websites
• Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and
translating them into creative concepts and functional components.
• Supporting the team in translating business requirements into
involving interactive experiences.
• Planning, facilitating and documenting immersive user research,
concept testing, and usability testing.
• Developing user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user
research and focus the team’s design efforts on the needs of key
• Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of
concepts to clients.
• Working alongside visual designers to develop user journeys that
motivate users to engage fully with the interactive concept.
• Conducting expert reviews, competitive benchmarking and market research.
• Developing and documenting detailed user experience
specifications for highly interactive interfaces.
• Contributing to the further development of user experience design
as an intellectual discipline both within Tribal DDB and in the wider
• Demonstrated ability to execute IA on complex transactional
interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for
content management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience with user-centred design methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Client-facing experience within a digital agency.
• Readiness on occasion to extend his/her role to encompass
activities normally associated with other disciplines
• Openness to contributions from other disciplines to the project’s
• Role typically requires 3+ years experience as an information
architect, interaction designer, user experience architect or similar
• Degree in a related field, such as Library Science, Industrial
Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical
Communications, English, History, Anthropology, Economics.
• Familiarity with Mac OS and proficiency in a variety of diagram
design tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio or equivalent.
You’ll be an expert at managing relationships and you’ll need
enthusiasm for and strong knowledge of all things digital. We’re after
a confident communicator who is comfortable expressing their opinion
but also knows how to maintain a professional attitude and do what it
takes to keep our clients smiling.
Tribal DDB shares a large friendly building with the rest of DDB on
Bishop's Bridge Road, just north of Paddington Station. Being part of
the creative industry, fun is not just part of our culture, it's also
what we're paid to deliver to the user; so if you have a can-do
attitude and are willing to demonstrate your initiative you can expect
plenty of stimulation in a company that will really develop your
Ideally we're looking for a start on January 18th.