The Lead User Researcher will work closely with UI designers, marketing, product management, and development teams to create and validate the entire user experience. This candidate will drive the user experience for a set of next generation of Citrix products and be responsible for ensuring that these products are simple, intuitive and support Citrix business objectives and brand. This candidate will work with customer to collect feedback throughout the entire product lifecycle.Additionally, the Senior User Researcher will lead advanced research projects, and evaluate guidelines for consistent product interaction. Works with the larger user experience team in developing new processes and tools.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Collect user feedback to ensure the development of clean, efficient, useful interface designs from conceptualization through implementation.
* Ensure all product interfaces are held to a consistently high standard of user-centered design Collect user requirement via site visits, surveys and interviews
* Transform user data into personas
* Create usability plans, organize/conduct usability studies on wireframes and code *Present solutions back to product teams and drive product/design decisions based on usability studies Benchmark released products
* Conduct competitive analyses
* Work with UI designers to identify, address and solve complex user interface and information design challenges
* Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
* Evangelize user experience within Citrix
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
* Demonstrate strong research and analytical skills
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non technical audience
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
* Ability to influence others to sell user experience
* Comfortable working with engineering to influence change and able to work around or within software/ hardware limitations
* Exceptional attention to detail
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience):
* Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field
* 5+ years experience in collecting user data for online and consumer software product interfaces Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods and best practices
* Work well in a fast-paced environment with iterative design process
* Independent self-starter with strong project management skills
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with product managers, graphics