JOB :: Senior User Experience / Interaction Designer :: Southwest MI :: Whirlpool :: Full-Time
13 Jan 2010 - 9:00pm
Looking for a way to make a difference in the daily lives of millions
of people? Would you like to influence the next generation of
products used by your friends and family? Join the Global Consumer
Design department at Whirlpool!
- Strong portfolio of user interaction design work with 3+ years of
experience in product design and user interface design of consumer
- Skilled in applying user-centered design practices, e.g.,
ethnography, user needs analysis, participatory design, and usability
- Skilled in creating information architecture and prototyping user
interface designs using popular interaction design tools.
- Experience successfully executing interaction design projects in
accordance with phases and gates product development processes.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Psychology, or
a related discipline preferred.
- Create and document user interaction designs for Whirlpool home
appliance products and services that stand out in the marketplace.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze usability studies; providing input and
actionable recommendations to fellow designers at all stages of
- Model user-centered design principles within the product development
- Collaborate with other human factors, interaction design, and
usability specialists in nurturing a world-class organization.
- Collaborate with brand studios and strategic partners to define
roadmaps for user experience design and technology application.
- Model Whirlpool core values of respect, integrity, diversity, and teamwork.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for our offices at the
global headquarters. This location in Benton Harbor and its twin city
St. Joseph are situated in Michigan's great southwest along the sandy
shores of Lake Michigan. The region boasts unique shopping, quaint
cafes, fine dining, art galleries, festivals, and beautiful views of
the lake. The bucolic countryside of wine vineyards, orchards,
beaches, and forests offers cyclists, campers, golfers, swimmers,
skiers, and snowmobilers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons. Many of the
area schools are ranked at the top for state testing scores. Residents
also enjoy the museums, sports, shopping, and nightlife of nearby