The Senior User Interface Designer is accountable for delivering
consumer-centric design solutions acomplished through a complete
understanding of how consumer needs translate into interaction design.
They showcase their thinking through timely delivery of :
· competitive and internal analysis tied to data
· conceptual models
· site maps
· user flows tied to user stories
· wireframes and related documentation.
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
1. Contribute to an environment where established metrics, quality
improvement, experience design craft, consumer-centricity, and inclusiveness
of ideas thrive.
2. Track a given experience through all phases in the lifecycle from
initial strategy through optimization tied to data points.
3. Ensure that the expanded team ultimately builds branded customer
experiences that are effortless to use, and connected to the things our
users value most.
4. Create the deliverables of a User Interface professional, which
include site maps, user stories and flows, profiles, and interface designs.
5. Present multiple solutions to a problem.
6. Lead consumer testing efforts to validate directions.
7. Collaborate with other disciplines to define the vision and
requirements for a given initiative.
8. Continually research outside consumer trends and competitive
experiences to keep our vertical products innovative and competitive.
9. Question problem definitions and reframe to address the true
10. Possess a strong design vision and have sufficient UI and technical
knowledge to constructively challenge current practices and approaches.
11. Create consensus among diverse stakeholders around new ideas and
initiatives, building confidence in the outcome.
*Bachelors degree (in Design or HCI preferred but not required). Masters
degree in related field is attractive. And/or 6-8 years of related
experience working on actual consumer experiences.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
In terms of professional profile, the ideal candidate will be highly
intelligent, team-oriented, affable and well rounded. They will have had
experience leading UI initiatives at a Web company or start-up, an
interactive agency or boutique such as Digitas or Razorfish, or a consulting
service such as Accenture; a work history in places where metrics play a
large part in decision-making. S/he should quickly be viewed by her/his
peers as reasoned, apolitical, constructive and driven by common corporate
This leader must have a genuine passion for the Web and the application
possibilities it offers.
They must be regarded as an expert on UI design and usability issues and
possess mastery of the fundamentals of design, design process, technologies,
and workflow, and will have fundamental knowledge of HTML, CSS, and