[Job] Student Research Assistant, London, NET-A-PORTER, Temp
18 Jan 2010 - 8:33am
Dear current HCI students,
The Net-a-porter Group's User
Experience team would like to offer you the opportunity to get some
hands on experience by supporting our staff during user testing in
The User Experience team is responsible for testing Net-a-porter.com and TheOutnet.com.
What will you get out of it?
• Experience in running professional usability studies
• The opportunity to work with a skilful and experienced team
An introduction to the constraints and benefits of working as a User
Experience professional in the fast paced industry of Luxury Fashion.
Outstanding research assistants would be eligible for future
opportunities and a professional recommendation to future employers.
• Travel expenses (within London) reimbursed
• Meals and beverages either provided or reimbursed
What do we need from you?
Your name, contact details and CV. Successful candidates will be asked
to come in to meet with the team briefly before the application is
2. You must be personable, responsible, focused and trustworthy.
3. Usability Testing dates currently scheduled are 2, 4, 9, 11 February. You must be able to attend at least one of these dates.
You must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, which prevents you from
discussing any of the features being tested or the outcomes from the
testing (document to be signed on a per project basis).
the test, the range of activities you will be asked to perform can vary
from test to test but the usual support we need is:
• Escort users in and out of the secured facility.
• Observe and take notes of users' behaviour and report to senior members of staff.
• Provide users with forms and questionnaires collect them and aggregate them, for later data analysis.
• Sort out simple issues which might happen during testing.
Please note that this offer is only for temporary opportunities for hands on experience while studying.
If you're interested please send an email with the above outlined required information BY 20 JANUARY to: