[JOB] InContext Design is hiring Interaction Designers in Boston and Chicago
6 Feb 2010 - 9:49am
Since 1992 InContext has used its Contextual Design methodology to design
innovative solutions. InContext delivers strategic market characterizations,
personas, new product concepts and design for consumer and business
software, devices and consumer products. We take a holistic view—ensuring
our solutions work for the users, the technology, and our clients’ business
The Contextual Design methodology developed by InContext is a
customer-centered design process taught in universities and used in
companies worldwide. The techniques rely on extensive field data as the
foundation for understanding users’ needs, tasks, and processes in order to
design solutions that work.
InContext is looking for Interaction Designers with interaction and visual
design skills to be based in Concord, MA and Chicago, IL. They will work in
highly collaborative cross-functional teams on a wide variety of client
projects. Candidates must be passionate about using customer data to create
solutions that really meet the needs of users.
Good design begins with understanding how people work on a daily basis,
which is why our Interaction Designers are trained in Contextual Design.
Interaction Designers will participate fully in all phases of the Contextual
Design process, including field interviews with end users, data
interpretation, work modeling and consolidation, visioning, storyboarding,
system design, paper prototyping and final visual design.
All candidates must have:
· Bachelor's or master's degree in graphic design, fine art, or
· Significant relevant coursework in the social sciences and humanities,
especially anthropology or psychology, or basic sciences like biology
· 3-5 years of demonstrated interaction design experience
· Experience designing web or client-based applications (not merely web
· Experience with the following (or similar) prototyping and design
software: InDesign, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, Photoshop, HTML, and CSS
*· **Willingness to travel on a regular basis, occasionally on short
· Ability to present and communicate design ideas to clients
· Ability to represent complex information simply in graphical format
· Special consideration will be given to candidates who speak more than
one language: Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish.
· Quick and task focused: Must be able to work quickly under short
deadlines, handle multiple tasks.
· Collaborative: Must be able to work in a highly collaborative team
environment with clients.
· Clear thinking: Ability to quickly grasp diverse, sometimes
complicated domains without previously having worked with them.
· Professional presentation: Should present well in formal and informal
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact successfully
and professionally with end users and clients.
Job locations include Boston and Chicago. While relocation is not currently
available, we offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and an
opportunity to learn from industry leaders.