JOB | Senior Art Director, User Experience | Philadelphia, PA | Recruiter | Full-time
15 Feb 2010 - 10:33am
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with an
industry-leading company at a time of rapid growth and innovation.
Join a team defining the way people experience multimedia products in
a whole new way.
As a Senior Art Director UX in the User Experience group, your key
responsibilities will encompass leading and hands-on product ideation
and exploration with an expert understanding of user experience best
practices and the application of the experience within a wide variety
You will showcase your ability to lead concept, create and present
user experience concepts to a broad audience and ensure the UX team
stays on target and on time. This position also requires an expert
ability to lead team members in identifying tasks, as well as
generating solid estimates.
The Senior Art Director UX concepts and creates design UX solutions,
as well as collaborates solutions with directors, art directors,
designers, architects and other UX specialists for all company
products and features, and is an integral member of the UX teams
creative process in delivering world class customer experiences.
· Provide UX design leadership, expertise, and support,
helping define project approach to accommodate constraints while
delivering the best user experience.
· Collaborate with and lead in ideation and concept
explorations with the UX team throughout any project lifecycle,
facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning.
· Deliver UX designs in alignment with overarching business
and user experience goals.
· Articulate and track project milestones, deliverables and
risks with the UX team, in addition to communicating progress, near
term tasks/deliverables, issues and accomplishments.
· Serve as a liaison between the UX team members,
identifying and managing UX specific project designs. This includes
concept sketches, rough wire frames or flows, visual design comps
(including production ready), rapid prototyping/demos, presentations,
logos, icons, mood boards and assists in the creation of associated
· Prepare and deliver UX presentations and road shows
representing the user experience organization with in-depth knowledge
of why design and information architecture choices are being made.
· Contribute to the growing library of knowledge around
user-centered design both through the products developed and best
· Take the lead on external vendor communication directly
related to UX visual design support.
· Mentoring and coaching of designers (visual and IA) on
core UX skills and project oversight.
· Participate in HR related duties including mining for
talent, hiring and employee reviews.
· Minimum involvement of 7-9 years art directing Internet,
mobile or equivalent interactive experiences with an expert ability
to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in
a deadline-driven environment.
· Bachelors Degree in Design, Computer Science, Human
Factors or equivalent work experience with any combination of expert
Visual Design, Writing, Information Architecture, Presentation and
· Expert facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration
skills with expert user experience orientation and exceptional people
· Proficient with diverse writing, presentation, project
· Must have an expert understanding of the most recent
version of Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Fireworks, CSS,
Dreamweaver, GoLive, After Effects, 3d Software, iWorks and Microsoft
Office are a plus.
· Must be comfortable working with established UX guides
and/or the ability to assist in their continued evolution.
· Experience designing robust Flash and HTML web sites
and/or mobile with highly intuitive or deep User Interfaces and
· Expert visual literacy and expert understanding of
typography, illustration, color theory, wire framing, and photo
· Must have expert verbal communication skills, including
the ability to speak effectively before staff or other internal
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across
organizational boundaries with the ability to prioritize and
· Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices
including User-Centered Design.
· Expresses a passion and desire to innovate and push
· Proven experience as a design leader developing products
to large consumer base.
· Experience in an agency environment executing UX a plus
(e.g., Razorfish, Sapient, AKQA, etc.); track record of product
development-oriented projects preferable.
· Experience with supervisory duties related to
internal/external teams and/or partner relationships and resources.
· An expert portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media
are required. Broadcast, print, identity, packaging, storyboard
sketches are a plus
For more information on this and other Creative opportunities in the
Philadelphia area: meg at missionstaff dot com.