(offtopic) Most people think it was the snooze, butno, no snooze
27 Apr 2005 - 5:05pm
9 years ago
My mobile phone does not wake me up. Ever. I can sleep thru it's loudest
setting indefinitely (ok, like 2+ hours).
I have an old school alarm clock with physical bells on top that scares
me out of bed in the mornings. I hide it behind a fan in the corner of
my room so that I have to get up to reach it. Interestingly, the
difficulty of finding the tiny (badly designed, really) switch on the
back helps wakes me up.
As far as setting it goes, it has a single hand that you line up; kinda
like another hour hand. The accuracy is terrible, but near enough is
good enough. You can't set the alarm for more than about 11 hours in the
future, because you need to turn it to the 'on' position, and it
operates on a 12 hour cycle.
Why my $5 solution is great:
- it prohibits over-sleeping
- the fiddly switch helps me wake up
- there is no chance of an AM/PM mix up
- there is no power cable, so it's easy to position (hide) anywhere in a
- the cheap metal bells are loud as hell