Frog is a global design firm that specializes in the convergent disciplines of brand strategy, product design, digital and interactive media, technology, software development, and new mobility.
If you're smart-working, hard-playing and dedicated, we'll free you to do the best work of your career.
frog design is currently reviewing portfolios of qualified senior interface designers who lead the team to create complex interactive experiences for application, software and web interfaces. The Senior Designer is responsible for leading Digital Media projects. The SD is responsible for understanding a client's business and communication goals, and translating them into unique creative solutions. The SD takes an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members, providing art direction to other designers, and working with producers and technologists to implement designs into technology frameworks. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use. Senior designers provide leadership in concept development, creation of original art and wire-frame interaction model, project design/development, and QA. They are responsible for the development of innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen or page layouts for software, application, web sites, and other interactive media. They will push the state-of-the-art with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced studio.
Essential Functional duties (most important parts of job):
* Qualified candidates must have at least 5 years experience with interactive media design, and possess the following characteristics:
* Must be wildly creative and obsessively meticulous.
* Must understand user behavior as it relates to design.
* Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web.
* Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills.
* Command of leading design software, e.g., Illustrator, Flash, and PhotoShop.
* Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of Internet technologies (Shockwave, Flash, Java, DHTML, CGI, etc.)
* Intimate knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code.
* Must be self-motivated, good communicator, comfortable with following direction, thrive on multidisciplinary teams, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain client relationships.
* Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates should present a body of work that:
* Demonstrates a passion for interactive content development
* Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
* Shows experience with diverse content
* Proves their facility with page-based design (HTML) and screen-based interface design (Flash, etc.)
* Special consideration will be given to candidates who have created projects that are software or application design related.
Please note - we can only reply to those resumes that meet the requirements. We appreciate your interest in frog design!