Job Listing: User Experience Designer, Phoenix, AZ - Insight.com
8 Aug 2005 - 12:23pm
Insight, a reseller of IT products and services, is looking for an
experienced User Experience Designer (aka Client Experience Designer) to
join our team full time to support and enhance insight.com. Please
review the job summary below and send any further inquiries to sbodine at insight.com, Shelly Bodine, VP Marketing Services.
Client Experience Designer
Client experience design (CE) prescribes the optimal structure and
elements necessary to accomplish the customer's objectives and meet
business and sales objectives in synchronization. The CE design role
identifies how eCommerce customers consume content and complex business
transactions in an interactive medium and translates that behavior into
a consistent structure for insight.com.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works
under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and
latitude required. Excellent communication skills are essential for this
position. The CE designer should participate actively as a Web team
member by passing on business experience and technical expertise to
other team members in a cooperative team environment.
* BA or equivalent experience is preferred.
* Minimum 2 year hands on experience in all aspects of e-business and
web development on a large scale web site. Preferably some experience
with a technology reseller.
* Advanced knowledge of image/vector editing software (Photoshop,
* Advanced knowledge of client-side technologies (HTML, CSS, DHTML,
* Working knowledge of server-side scripting languages (JSP, PHP, ASP,
* Ability to translate complex concepts into interactive web experiences
and to articulate and represent client experience design principles to
* Passion for exploring interactivity through online media and insight
into evolving trends.
* Fluent in all major design software; familiarity with all aspects of
interactive design production.
* Diverse interactive design portfolio.
* Excellent visual communications skills.
* Familiar with full life cycle software development.
* Ability to work in Insight's ever-changing business environment
* Skills and ability to work on multiple projects
* Candidate should work well in a team environment and be able to give
and receive constructive feedback, yet an aggressive self-starter and
change agent who requires little supervision and possesses leadership
characteristics with a strong commitment to his/her career.