Blink Interactive is looking for a full-time candidate to fill the role
of Usability Engineer on our User-Centered Design team. We provide a
growth-oriented environment with a wide range of clients from Fortune
500 companies to start-ups.
The Usability Engineer responsibilities will include:
* Planning, conducting and analyzing usability testing.
* Writing usability reports and presentations for clients, as
well as editing video highlights from usability testing sessions.
* Proposing and delivering evaluations that assess and ensure
the usability and effectiveness of interfaces for their intended users.
* Advocating for users while understanding the business goals
Usability Engineers at Blink Interactive apply a wide range of
user-centered design methodologies and cognitive psychology concepts
while analyzing user interface issues and end-user preferences.
Usability Engineers perform heuristic analysis, cognitive walkthroughs,
design user interfaces, and conduct usability testing.
Candidates must have:
* Formal education in usability engineering or equivalent
hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of Usability theory,
methods, and practice.
* Experience designing and conducting usability studies.
* A strong business sense, excellent written and oral
communication skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at
* A high comfort level with computer hardware and experience
with lab and testing equipment set up.
* Experience or a working knowledge of video editing
Ideally, candidates will have:
* A working knowledge of browser-based technology
* Experience in user interface design for websites, software
and/or web-based applications.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to: careers at blinkia.com. Resumes should include URLs to current work, if
available. We are not offering relocation assistance at this time.