Interaction Designer, Cupertino, CA, ArcSight, Full Time
16 Aug 2005 - 4:15pm
ArcSight is looking for an Interaction Designer to take our award-winning
products to the next level. You will be a member of the core product team
that is developing the next generation of this industry leading enterprise
* Lead the effort in improving the user experience of ArcSight's desktop
and web applications.
* Work with product management, the chief architect and visual designer to
design and specify new ArcSight product features.
* Communicate effectively with product management, chief architect,
software developers, technical writers and QA.
* Design mock-ups and write design documents
* Participate in usability studies and user interviews
* Contribute to and reinforce ArcSight's UI guidelines
* 5+ years of experience designing software user interfaces, at least 2 of
those years as a UI architect or senior interaction designer with direct
experience in web and rich client application design.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as this position
entails sizable amount of collaboration and writing
* Background in computer science or human factors
* Meticulousness and attention to detail
* Multi-platform experience a plus (Windows, Mac OS X, web)
* Experience in rich client development with Java/Swing
* Experience with imaging and vector graphics software such as Photoshop
* Bachelor or Masters in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or related