We're looking for an experienced contractor to join the Interaction
Design & Usability group at Quarry Integrated Communications.
Depending on your skills and interests, you'll have the opportunity
to contribute in areas such as information architecture, interaction
design, prototype development, and usability testing.
The duration and terms of this contract are negotiable, although we
anticipate the equivalant of full-time work for several months. If
desired, and if the fit is right, this opportunity may lead to a
permanent position with Quarry. This position is based with our group
at Quarry's headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario. Some travel will
likely be required, as Quarry's USA office is located in Dallas,
Texas and our clients come from all over Canada and the USA -- or
sometimes further abroad.
At Quarry, we help our clients build their business by integrating
the customer experience across a variety of channels. We’re fortunate
to have great clients who draw upon our broad range of services such
as business and brand strategy, communications planning, advertising,
public relations, web and digital development, and (of course!)
interaction design and usability.
You will work closely with other members of the Interaction Design
and Usability group, as well as with professionals in creative arts,
development, and project management. Everyone on our team
collaborates first-hand with clients, too, so you’ll need strong
communication skills and a confident, professional demeanor.
Depending on your particular skills and interests, you can contribute
to client projects through a variety of activities that include:
- Conducting contextual research for user and task analysis.
- Developing user profiles (personas) and scenarios.
- Analyzing and specifying a product’s information architecture.
- Designing the form and behavior of websites, web applications, and
- Constructing prototypes for the purposes of communicating design
ideas or assessing them through usability tests.
- Writing design specifications as necessary.
- Planning and facilitating usability tests and design checkpoints.
These activities may be conducted in our fixed labs in Waterloo or
Dallas, with our portable labs in the field, or remotely over the
- Demonstrated design ability with 3-5 years experience.
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles and user-
centered design methodologies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with formal and informal usability testing practices.
- Hardworking, flexible, and an eager contributor in multi-
- Experience with Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, or
similar tools is required.
- Programming experience with HTML and Flash would be an asset, but
is not required.
If you're interested in applying for this position, reply to me at
the coordinates below.
Interaction Design and Usability Group
Quarry Integrated Communications Inc. rbarlowbusch at quarry.com
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential or subject
to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-
mail message immediately.