JOB: Sr. User Experience Designer - IntraLinks - New York, NY (USA) - fulltime
19 Sep 2005 - 2:24pm
Position: Sr. User Experience Designer
Location: Midtown, New York, NY
Will relocate for right candidate
We are looking for someone to join our growing Product Design group as a sr.
user experience designer. Responsibilities include producing innovative,
visually appealing human interface designs; creating design prototypes;
working with developers to make designs a reality. We need someone who can
work independently, engage team members, communicate ideas, create
prototypes, and finally work with team members throughout the release cycle
of the product. This position reports to the Principal Designer.
* Generate designs based on common sets of HCI, graphic design, interface
design and other relevant theories
* Create prototypes at different levels of fidelity: paper, wireframe,
interactive HTML, and Flash
* Present ideas and concepts to x-functional teams and incorporate feedback
* Create visual elements such as icons, borders, custom widgets, window
treatments, and graphical layouts
* Collaborate with Product Design team to develop concepts of key additions
and edits for the product
* Communicate designs to business specialists and marketing team members for
validation and buy-in.
* Communicate designs to development and provide definition and direction
* Communicate designs to quality control and provide clarifications during
the testing phase
* Work with Principal Designer and Product Design team to evolve internal
design process and standards.
* This job requires 10% travel
Qualifications & Requirements:
* minimum 5 years experience in application interaction design (UI Design,
Product Design); solid experience with both web applications (not web sites)
and desktop applications
* Education in design, HCI, usability or ability to display formal
understanding of design and HCI theory and practice
* Ability to create graphical elements: icons, widgets, windowing and
boarders, data layout
* Understand in-house product design lifecycle
* Good communication skills: written and verbal
* Knowledge of browser-based and desktop technologies (HTML, Java, Flash,
* Prototyping skills using DHTML, Dream Weaver, Flash, or similar
* Experience with developing and running usability testing
* Experience with field research (goal-directed method by Cooper is
* Should demonstrate ability to use design processes for problem definition
and solution creation while working individually and with a group
Please submit your resume with a portfolio web site via http://tinyurl.com/bjotv
Candidates are strongly encouraged to have an online portfolio for best
This position is located in New York, NY. Please have proper permits to work
in the United States. IntraLinks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Intralinks, Inc.
IntraLinks (http://www.intralinks.com), the leading provider of digital
workspaces, connects business communities and accelerates the intelligent
flow of information and documents among participants. Through IntraLinks'
secure, neutral, online environments, companies are better able to compete
globally by accelerating essential business processes, simplifying
communication and fostering rapid workflow. IntraLinks is easily accessible
anywhere, anytime using a web browser.
Since April 1997, more than 150,000 participants representing over 13,000
companies worldwide have used IntraLinks digital workspaces to communicate
and collaborate on more than 20,000 projects and transactions. IntraLinks
has been rapidly adopted by the financial services and pharmaceutical
markets. Over 250 global companies are IntraLinks clients, including
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Bank of America, Bank One, Bear Stearns,
Deutsche Bank, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, Ernst & Young, FDIC, JPMorgan
Chase, TD Securities, Thomas Weisel Partners and WestLB. Founded in June
1996, IntraLinks is headquartered in New York with offices in Boston and