Under the direction of the Manager, User Interface Design, the
Interaction Designer will be responsible for assisting in the design and
prototype of usability enhancements to Workbrain's products. This
individual will be a key member of the usability team that will work
closely with product management and development to deliver
customer-centric features which make Workbrain's products the easiest to
use in the industry.
The usability team will be responsible for the development of user
interface designs & prototypes for new and enhanced features, conducting
field research, usability testing and gathering feedback from clients,
and setting usability standards across all Workbrain products. This team
will also work closely with the pre-sales solutions consulting team,
sales, and industry marketing to configure and deliver compelling,
easy-to-use demos to the field that showcase new features and
* Work closely with product management, development and other
stakeholders during the storyboard, design and implementation of new
usability features, applying user-centered design practices.
* Work closely with clients to understand their tasks, activities, needs
and behaviors and test usability concepts and features.
* Assist in defining usability and user interface design standards
across the entire application, in order to ensure a consistent look and
feel and design philosophy.
* Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
* Work closely with sales, marketing and product management to ensure
the swift configuration and delivery of compelling, easy-to-use demo
instances that showcase new features and capabilities.
* Conduct ongoing research of usability and user interface design best
* 3 years experience in Human Factors, HCI or related area
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to
collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional
* Able to demonstrate strong interaction design process and skills and
demonstrate familiarity with usability best practices and usability
* Excellent understanding and experience with user-centered design tools
and methodology, including persona creation, information architecture,
wireframe design, storyboarding and usability testing (ad hoc and
excellent knowledge of web-based technologies and design
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a
* Creative approach to problem solving and issue resolution
* Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical
* Post-secondary degree, preferably in Computer Science or related