We are seeking a dynamic leader to energize and inspire individuals and
organizations across Intuit. The UCD Manager will be responsible for leading
a small team to uncover and teach out best UCD practices across the company,
deliver world-class user experiences for selected projects, and evangelize
the need for effective UCD in recently acquired companies. Strong design
skills a must!
- Lead user researchers and designers to uncover deep insight into customer
needs and craft the solutions to those needs through learnable and usable
- Work with leaders in groups across Intuit to drive the integration of
user-centered research and design processes into the product development
- Help teams to prioritize the focus of User Experience work in line with
corporate goals and business objectives (critical few; high-return projects)
- Establish, track, and share success metrics for UCD
- Collaborate with the centralized Beta team and other UCD managers
- Monitor industry best practices in customer research and design, including
standards, inventions, and trends for potential opportunities for Intuit
-Spend 50% of the time working hand-in-hand with researchers and designers
on products/services The Manager will need to quickly develop knowledge of
relevant Intuit products, web properties, and services. In performing the
essential functions of this role, the work environment is fast-paced and
team-based. The Manager must be an expert communicator, able to lead teams
comprising diverse members, and enjoy teaching others across the company.
- Bachelor's (Master's or Doctorate preferred) degree required in the social
sciences, human centered design, art or graphics + minimum of 10 years
related work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience leading user experience teams,
including customer research, interaction design, and visual design teams
that deliver exceptional customer experiences in existing and new offerings.
- Proven ability to hire and grow high-performing energized teams.
- Dynamic person who inspires organizations to do right by the customer.
- Ability to lead, influence, and work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary
- Deep design expertise
-Long track record of effective designs