Senior User Interface (Interaction) Designer - Motorola China
10 Nov 2005 - 8:54pm
[Please note that this is a "local hire" position, so some benefits may not be available -g]
Senior User Interface (Interaction) Designer
The user interface design team is multi-disciplinary design organization that employs a use case based, user centered design process. Key drivers of the organization are business strategies (customer ARPU), brand building, usability and rich experiences. We leverage industry standard methods of observational research, performance testing, scenario building and use case development in our design process. The group is responsible for all aspects of User Interface Design: interaction style guides, screen by screen or step by step task flows, application design, sonification, light, graphics, haptics and animation. Key work partners are global and product marketing, system engineering, software development, industrial design, business group and advanced technology labs. The group is participant and contributor to front end planning process, customer requirement process and development processes. The UI design team is part of the consumer experience design group. The UI group is global (Beijing, Seoul, UK, Mountain View CA, Chicago/Libertyville IL). 100 plus staff cover 4 major UI platforms that ship in GSM, CDMA and 3G products. Software development is primarily proprietary C++, Java and Linux.
* User interface design of key features and applications.
* Planning, conceptualization, design and implementation of user interface designs.
* Provide support for design lead to ensure connectivity and growth of user-centric application designs between products and across platforms.
* Build credible working level relationships with UI design staff, product marketing, software and engineering partner organizations as well as key customers.
* Drive knowledge share and creative flow of new ideas between studios and designers.
* This position requires the successful candidate to support the formation of a user-centric point of view in key application areas that relate to evolving consumer needs.
* Key areas include messaging, multimedia management, digital imaging, personalization and community-building.
* This position requires a deep understanding of user-centric design processes and research.
* The position requires research and the formation of strategies and roadmaps that support world-class interaction design.
* As a senior designer, you will be expected to mentor junior staff and participate with mid- and senior-level managers to reach key organizational goals.
* Technical skills: Scenario planning, use-case development, project and design management, UI Architecture mapping.
* Conceptual skills: Creative problem solving, concept development and communication, design and process methodology.
* Tools Knowledge: Visio, Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project (helpful), Illustrator, Photoshop
* Background: Degree in Industrial/ Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Anthropology and/or Cognitive Science, 3-5 years related work experience.
* Ability to speak English, and read and write English documents.
The position is available in the Beijing office of Motorola (China). Please contact Gabriel White gabriel.white at motorola.com for more information.