Seeking a dynamic leader to energize and inspire individuals and
organizations across Intuit. The UCD Manager will be responsible for leading
a small team to uncover and teach out best UCD practices across the company,
deliver world-class user experiences for selected projects, and evangelize
the need for effective UCD in recently acquired companies. Strong design
skills a must!
- Lead user researchers and designers to uncover deep insight into customer
needs and craft the solutions to those needs through learnable and usable
- Work with leaders in groups across Intuit to drive the integration of
user-centered research and design processes into the product development
- Help teams to prioritize the focus of User Experience work in line with
corporate goals and business objectives (critical few; high-return projects)
- Establish, track, and share success metrics for UCD
- Collaborate with the centralized Beta team and other UCD managers
- Monitor industry best practices in customer research and design, including
standards, inventions, and trends for potential opportunities for Intuit
-Spend 50% of the time working hand-in-hand with researchers and designers
The Manager will need to quickly develop knowledge of relevant Intuit
products, web properties, and services. In performing the essential
functions of this role, the work environment is fast-paced and team-based.
The Manager must be an expert communicator, able to lead teams comprising
diverse members, and enjoy teaching others across the company.
- Bachelor?s (Master's or Doctorate preferred) degree required in the social
sciences, human centered design, art or graphics + minimum of 10 years
related work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience leading user experience teams,
including customer research, interaction design, and visual design teams
that deliver exceptional customer experiences in existing and new offerings.
- Proven ability to hire and grow high-performing energized teams.
- Dynamic person who inspires organizations to do right by the customer.
- Ability to lead, influence, and work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary
- Deep design expertise
-Long track record of effective designs