JOB: Interaction Designer at Alias (Toronto, ON, Canada)
4 Jan 2006 - 2:42pm
Interaction Designer, User Experience Team (Full time)
Alias -- Toronto, Canada
Design award-winning 3D graphics software (such as Maya, Alias
SketchBook Pro, and Alias ImageStudio) for creative professionals who
work in film, video games, and industrial design. Apply user-centered
design methods at all stages of the development process to ensure that
our products meet user needs.
- Participate in planning new products and releases.
- Investigate user requirements.
- Design software user interfaces.
- Plan and conduct usability studies of prototypes and development code.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve usability issues.
- Communicate investigation results and designs to other team members.
- Knowledge of human factors engineering, experimental design and
- Experience in user-centered design of software applications (including
user and task analysis, contextual inquiry, interviewing, survey design,
heuristic evaluation, and low-fidelity prototyping).
- Experience in planning, conducting and reporting usability tests and
- A demonstrated ability to analyze research findings to create user
requirements and scenarios that will guide product development.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate design interaction clearly and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability
to present to a group.
- Ability to interact with end-users and development team members.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (process of
specification, design, and implementation) and engineering concerns that
arise in designing and building interfaces.
UX AT ALIAS:
- Alias was ranked by Maclean’s Magazine as one of Canada’s Top 100
Employers for the last 3 years. Our employees are people who value
creativity, collaboration, and excellence. Our downtown Toronto office
is a loft-style building that was designed for Alias.
- The UX team is established and has full backing from our company.
- The complex, interactive graphical UIs we've made include 3D tools and
- Team members have published and presented at ACM SIGGRAPH, ACM SIGCHI,
UPA, and Agile 2005.
- Team members have created intellectual property in the form of several