JOB: Interaction designer/IA, LONDON UK, permanent
9 Feb 2006 - 7:45am
Flow Interactive is a leading provider of user-centred-design services
in the UK. We design things the right way: involving users throughout
the design lifecycle.
These days, we do significant, multi-channel UX design projects for
clients like Vodafone, Yell, Standard Life, the BBC, BUPA, Orange, and
the Government. Our clients come to us because they care about creating
the right user experience.
It's not just websites either - we design and research web sites, mobile
devices and interfaces, software, interactive TV...
We need a designer who is well versed in hands-on interaction design and
layout, IA techniques and usability practice. You should be
knowledgeable and experienced with techniques such as developing user
personas and scenarios, writing useful interface requirements, and
You'll need a strong background in design or development. You'll be
comfortable visualising your ideas in Visio or Illustrator - or using
pen and paper. HTML is a plus but you won't be doing hands-on
production. You might have been a graphic designer, a product designer,
a developer or an HCI expert. You'll need a good business head too.
The role involves...
- Designing functional layouts and wireframes, and working these up to a
- Planning and executing user research activities like ethnographic
studies, usability test and guerrilla user research sessions
- Running client-facing workshops and presentations with help from a
- Preparing compelling reports and presentations
- Communicating good user-centred interaction design practice to clients
- Working with other designers/developers and advising the account team
* YOU MUST BE ALREADY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK. We can't get you a
visa and we can't fly you in for interviews. Candidates must be
available for interview in London.
* You need at least two years' experience in the field doing IA or
usability or production or design.
* You need to be outgoing and charismatic.
* You need a good degree. Postgraduate is better.
* You must have fluent written and spoken English
* A chance to work with top grade clients doing real user-centred design
with real users.
* A beautiful space to work in, and a dynamic, friendly, UCD-obsessed
group of people to work with.
* Sanity: We do believe in allowing all our consultants to have a life,
as well as spending their time at work.
* A competitive salary, and a generous holiday allowance.