The St. Jude Medical Human Factors team is growing again! I hope to find
some fantastic IxD folks to join our group...I've personally found that
working on medical device technology is infinitely rewarding.
COMPANY: St. Jude Medical, CRMD
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA, USA (Sylmar)
POSITION TITLE: Human Factors Design Engineer
DURATION: Full Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Human Factors Design team at St. Jude Medical is recognized as having a
central role in defining interactive products that satisfy and delight our
customers. St. Jude Medical is a leader in developing, manufacturing and
distributing medical devices for the global cardiovascular market, and the
Cardiac Rhythm Management Division in Los Angeles develops implantable
device technologies. We are a Fortune 500 company, and for two years running
have been featured in the BusinessWeek50 list of top-performing companies.
We were also recently recognized by Fortune magazine as one of America's
most respected medical companies.
NOTE: depending on candidate education & experience, the responsibilities &
salary for this position will scale accordingly.
- Create interaction design solutions for lifesaving medical products
without appreciable supervision
- Document, communicate and advocate for design solutions through dialogue
with internal staff, written and verbal presentations, and GUI
- Plan and conduct field research with customers
- Document and communicate research results
- Develop materials and interactive prototypes for usability testing
- Conduct usability tests and apply customer feedback toward improved
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously across long product
- Excellent conceptual design and detailed design skills
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience designing complex software
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design,
Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, or
- Experience with graphic design software
- Effective methods of collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to
improve product desirability and usability
- In-depth knowledge of Interaction Design best practices
- Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong desire to
- In-depth knowledge of Human Factors and Cognitive Psychology theory and
- Familiarity with application of Personas and goal-directed design
- Experience working with software development teams in an FDA regulated
- Experience with the cardiac pacing and defibrillation device market
- Experience with web-based prototyping tools
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Bacon: EBacon(at)sjm(dot)com
For resume submission, please:
1. Visit our website at www.sjm.com
2. Go to "Careers"
3. Next, select "Search open positions"
4. Type in requisition number (Req #) 6537
5. Finally, select "Submit resume or C.V." to submit your resume