Location: Point Richmond, CA (North of Berkeley)
Position Title: User Experience Designer
Duration: Full Time
Vertigo Software, a leading provider of software development and
consulting services on the Microsoft platform, is in the business of
innovation. We help our clients address their most crucial business
needs by designing elegant software solutions that are solid user
experiences at their core.
We are seeking a user experience designer with a strong foundation in
interaction design, information architecture, and visual design to join
our team. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience working on a
range of projects, including database-driven, web applications. You
demonstrate a proven ability to understand complex, mission-critical
tasks and user behaviors and translate them into engaging and intuitive
interfaces. You are passionate about design, confident in your process,
and articulate in your communication with clients and colleagues.
In this position you will own the user experience through all phases of
product development, collaborating with client domain experts and users
to define product vision and requirements, and with world-class
engineers to ensure that your design vision is alive and kicking in the
At Vertigo, you will get experience designing rich applications that
leverage the latest software development technologies. You will also
help shape Vertigo's identity as a design leader, as we re-envision our
practice with future challenges and opportunities in mind.
Our culture is uniquely collaborative and supportive. We are constantly
learning and experimenting, and constantly delivering at the same time.
We dream by doing.
If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you! Please e-mail your
resume in Word or PDF format to btan at vertigosoftware.com with "User
Experience Design Position" in the subject. Please include a link to
your online portfolio.
Vertigo Software, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and offers a challenging and supportive work environment, competitive
salaries, and opportunities for professional growth. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and life
insurance; short and long-term disability coverage; and vacation
benefits. We offer an annual profit sharing bonus plan and a 401(k)
* Design and specify user interfaces for large-scale, custom
applications using participatory and iterative design techniques
* Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual
modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, visual
* Produce user requirements specifications, personas, scenarios,
flow diagrams, design prototypes, and design specifications
* Collaborate within interdisciplinary teams that include design,
development, project management, and business development
* Articulate design rationales to the team and clients (live
presentation and written formats)
* 3-5 years of user interface design experience, with a focus on
web-based and client-based productivity applications
* Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and
methodologies; specific knowledge in information design/information
* Excellent consulting skills; proven track-record in developing
and maintaining strong client relationships
* Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Visio,
PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
* Knowledge of various user research methodologies and experience
contributing to user studies (i.e., planning, test scripts, paper-based
and electronic assets)
* Experienced contributor within the entire product development
* Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of Web technologies
skills are a plus
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, or related design
Tony Sokolowski, Design Practice Manager
Vertigo Software, Inc.