Job: Senior User Interface Designer, Corporate Technology Office (CTO)
13 Apr 2006 - 1:39am
LOCATION: Mountain View, California (Relocation benefit provided)
POSITION TITLE: Senior User Interface Designer
DURATION: Full Time
Requisition # : 55709
Primary Responsibilities : - Provide desktop and web application
interface designs and/or design consulting on teams from concept
development through delivery.
- Define and design new products in new markets as well as incremental
re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
- Work closely with user researchers and product managers to understand
key user needs, set ease of use goals, and iterate until those goals are
- Lead the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, and track
- Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your
designs - while working hand-in-hand with user researchers..
- Perform design reviews and usability testing during various phases of
the product development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
- Teach out best design practices across Intuit, in conjunction with
other UCD specialists
- Mentor more junior designers
- Develop strong relationship with business unit UCD teams and other key
- Enjoy working closely with others, respectful of other perspectives
Qualifications : - Minimum BA/BS degree in Design, Human Factors,
Cognitive Psychology or related field.
- 5+ years of application interface design experience.
- Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in
creating desktop and internet applications.
- Familiarity with one or more prototyping tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong project and people management skills and be able to
function as project leader as well as individual contributor.
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as PhotoShop,
Dreamweaver, Director, and Visual Basic.
- Proven track record of designing products/services that meet user
needs CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please reply to: nancy_falkenburg at intuit.com Nancy Falkenburg