I am working on a Information Architecture oriented project.
I would want to know the view of experts on what would be the sample head count to do perform a User research for an information oriented business application.
What kind of user research are you thinking of? User Testing, Card Sorting, Persona Development something else?
The number of users you will need depends on a lot of factors:
- where you are at in your project (discovery, design, development)
- the questions you need to answer (your research goals)
- who you need to answer them for
- how risky the project is to the organization
- how your work impacts the user experience (frequency and severity)
- how much time you have to get your answers
- the method you choose to get your answers
- the number of different user groups, profiles, segments, etc.
If you want to provide me with the details of your project, I would be happy to provide you with a recommendation. Feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Sitz Trieglaff
The Happy User Researcher
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Praveen Babu
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 5:50 PM
Subject: [IxDA] User Research for IA
I would want to know the view of experts on what would be the sample head
count to do perform a User research for an information oriented business