Seeking immediately an experienced UX designer/lead in Irvine, CA
17 Aug 2010 - 9:57pm
I am looking for a senior UX professional to be a senior member of the new product development team that will be building a SaaS offering of our current market-leading product. This is a full time position for a fun, energetic team on cutting edge technologies. Salary and benefits are competitive. For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com
The info is below. Thanks, -Al
Job Title: User Experience Manager
Department: New Product Development
Reports to: SVP New Product Development
Location: Irvine, CA
How to Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: This key leadership role is responsible for designing the user experience for the new products including all supporting materials such as wireframes and storyboards. This position will participate in the design of the new products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Create flows, wireframes, stories, diagrams, mockups and other documents that help describe the experience to the audience(s) at the appropriate fidelity.
• Analyze user, business, brand and content needs, and define strategies for meeting them through effective user-driven solutions.
• Writing user scenarios, functional and technical specifications, and solution documentation.
• Build stories that communicate interaction and design concepts, work with other teams through concept, design and build.
• Be a voice of User Experience (UX) within project teams and communicate with other departments and members to build consensus and verify rationale.
• Conduct discovery tasks such as field research, interviews, surveys, testing. Translate insights into useful, intuitive interactions to benefit the user.
• Drive best practices with an eye toward repeatable design patterns, localization, scalability, and ease of maintenance
Qualities and Traits Required:
• A passion for all things UX and a willingness to make a positive difference within the company and for our clients though the development and promotion of great UX-driven work.
• Proactive self-starter with highly collaborative personality and approach to working with others across multiple disciplines.
• Expert knowledge of website design and usability principles, issues and techniques.
• Ability to work with cross disciplinary teams in a collaborative, dynamic full service, integrated environment.
• Commitment to ongoing learning and personal/professional development.
• Proven experience in designing, facilitating, documenting and analyzing usability testing.
• Proven client-facing presentation skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and drive them through to completion.
• Well organized
• Detailed oriented
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional phone etiquette
• Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field, such as User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, Graphic Design or Industrial Design.
• A minimum of seven to 10 years of professional work experience in strategizing, architecting and developing user-centered designs.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Photoshop
• Strong knowledge of user-centered design, HCI principles and user analysis techniques.
• A background in graphic design is a plus.
• Understanding of Financial or Bankruptcy industry a plus