JOB: Senior Interaction Designer, Boutique Agency San Francisco
13 Oct 2010 - 11:10am
My company is hiring. Would love to hear from you.
HYDRANT (http://www.hydrantsf.com) is looking for an experienced interaction designer / user experience designer to join our team. At HYDRANT interaction designers work closely with clients to define business and user requirements, translate these requirements into design elements and ensure client objectives are satisfied throughout project development. They produce deliverables like user personas, conceptual models, requirements matrices, site/screen maps, process flows, wireframes, etc.
HYDRANT prides itself on a work environment based on creative collaboration where all team members get involved to deliver great designs. Our Sr. interaction designer will be expected to:
• Work closely with clients to understand their business model and help define both business and user project requirements
• Craft an overall user experience strategy that promotes client goals and develop an “interaction language” that supports these goals
• Create and present interaction design deliverables throughout the project
• Work with the creative and technical teams to ensure that client goals and requirements are satisfied throughout the development process
• Design usability testing protocols and manage testing sessions at appropriate milestones during project development
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Our Sr. interaction designer must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 5 years professional experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, or information architect. Pick your label.
• A comprehensive understanding of usability best practices and user-centered design for websites, web-based applications, software UI and other digital channels. Mobile experience a plus.
• Experience as interaction lead for large, transactional websites or web-based applications
• Experience with user research and usability testing
• Superior client-presentation skills with the ability to talk to and understand stakeholders from creative, marketing and technical teams
• Solid understanding of common front-end and back-end technologies/platforms
• Expert knowledge of Omnigraffle, Visio and/or Adobe CS Suite
• Relaxed and fun-loving work style, bringing passion, excitement and ideas to the table
Full time. Also open to contract-to-hire, or contract as appropriate.
IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE
1. We're looking for someone with solid experience designing transactional interactions. As a firm we tend to do stuff a lot more complex than corporate marketing sites.
We want to see examples of your work online. You have to have a portfolio and you have to give us a link to it in your application. Applications without examples of work won't be considered.
Alder Yarrow | HYDRANT
Founder & Principal
461 Bush Street, Fourth Floor
D 415.814.6641 | M 415.730.3209 | W www.hydrantsf.com