Post-Doc Opportunities for Interactive Media Design
14 Oct 2010 - 7:17am
We are looking for candidates for a research group in establishment stage at Malardelan University (MDH), School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, Sweden. The group will focus on interactive media design and will collaborate Malardelan Realtime Research Centre (MRTC)
MRTC is a leading research center for embedded systems, mainly focused on embedded software. The goal is to provide research excellence that will enable the industry to seize the opportunities offered by programmable products and production. This profile has nine professors, three co-opt professors and a further 14 senior researchers and 31 active doctoral students, 12 of which are industrial doctoral students or graduate students with jobs outside the university. The profile also includes researchers in the industry with strong ties to the environment. MRTC is hosting the national strategic research centre PROGRESS.
In this stage, we expect the candidate to write his/her own proposal in our research direction; for forthcoming European i.e. Marie Curie Actions and Swedish Post-Doctoral Grant i.e KKS. For the potential proposal and candidates, we will give an agreement letter which guarantees a place in our research group if the candidate get the grant from Marie Curie Actions or Swedish National Institute. We have to indicate that there is no post-doc position available right now in MDH; we will only help potential candidates to inform application forms, deadlines and to supervise them to get the grant!
- Having a PhD degree in following subject area: Visual Communication Design, Interaction Design, Interactive Media Design, Product Design, Film / Video Production, Computer Graphics, Software Development or similar.
- Holding a Phd degree not longer than 3 years
- Demonstrating High Quality Publication Records
- Demonstrating Working Experience in Research Project(s)
- preferred subject area: playful interface design, serious game design, interactive media content, info assistant, new interactive display techniques for industrial applications or similar.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org not later then November 15, 2010, 17:00 pm Swedish Time:
- a detailed CV
- a proposal in 500 words,
(The proposal must explain an original research problem clearly with appropriate references! )
-- Oguzhan Özcan | School of Innovation, Design and Engineering Mälardalen University , Västerås, Sweden | http://oguzhan.ozcan.info/wordpress | skype: oozcan62 | phone: +46 (0) 211 015 12 | Room U3-155