Principal Interaction DesignerPrincipal Interaction Designer job at Sage - Atlanta, GA
25 Jan 2011 - 1:00pm
This opportunity includes flexible work hours! If you live inside the
perimeter, you will have a reverse commute, so don’t worry about
traffic. We are a 30-minute drive from Buckhead.
Sage is working on a number of new and exciting projects for small
businesses involving development of a cloud service/SAAS Solution! If
you have a passion for user-centered design, this position is for you!
We are seeking an experienced Interaction Designer to work on a fun,
collaborative team on a web-based application. The designer will work
with a small User-Centered Design team in an agile development team to
create and refine designs based on user research. This is an exciting
opportunity to work in a startup environment with the benefits of an
established, mid-sized company.
• Create interaction designs from start to finish, including
high-level conceptual designs, wireframes, and final visual designs.
• Create sketches, mockups and prototypes to effectively
• Work with Usability Analysts to conduct customer research,
and iterate on designs based on customer feedback.
• Work with Usability Analysts to ensure that designs meet
• Assist feature teams in developing functional requirements
• Proactively improve design processes to ensure that
deliverables are of high quality and users are kept at the center of
• Provide accurate estimating information and deliver work on time.
• Bachelor’s degree, Human Factors certificate is a plus, or
equivalent work-related experience.
• 4+ years experience designing software in a user-centered
design process. Experience designing web-based applications is
• Ability to provide rationale for designs based on
heuristics, best practices, and research data.
• Ability to work collaboratively and quickly in an agile
• Ability to prioritize work, create and adhere to project
schedules, and work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate design fundamentals to the agile
team, including information design, visual design, and UI standards.
• Experience with prototyping and design tools such as
Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Microsoft Expression Blend or similar
Bonus Skills and Experience
• Experience promoting user-centered thinking within a
• Experience setting up and managing timelines for design projects.
To apply, please visit: