20 May 2010 - 8:27am
6 years ago
6 replies

Ergonomics / UX / Human factors / Interaction design / Usability specialists : I get confused



I'm french and I work as what we call an "ergonome". I'm a bit confused about all the terms that are used to speak about "UX/usability/interaction" related jobs in the english speaking world : I read things about "Interaction designers", "Human factor specialists", "User experience specialist", "Usability specialists", "Information architects", and I'm... lost.

23 May 2009 - 1:38am
7 years ago
4 replies

UX Generalists & Specialists

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to UX/IX design, and I've seen so many people talk
about the benefits/shortcomings of generalists vs. specialists. I had
to take a swing at it, and I think I've cleared up the real issue:

Instead of just asking "which is better" we should be asking
"which is better for our business?"

Too many times the UX civil war seems to revolve around broad skills
or narrow skills, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter which
skill set you have. Both are valuable and necessary.

18 May 2009 - 12:05am
7 years ago
44 replies
Joshua Muskovitz

Who am I?

What do you call someone who sits squarely on the fence between interaction
design and implementation?

I am trying to new employment or consulting opportunities. I can find
opportunities for people skilled solely in wireframing and prototyping. I
can also find opportunities for people with nothing but implementation
skills. Neither of these is what I am looking for. I've been wearing both
hats for over two decades now.

Is the entire market focused on separating these two skills?

Syndicate content Get the feed