Discussion Archive: March 2010

30 Mar 2010 - 4:44am
alie rose

CIID, Interaction Design Programme - Admissions Open

CIID are very pleased to announce the opening of the application process for our next generation of students.

30 Mar 2010 - 4:04am
4 years ago
1 reply
Sachin Ghodke

How to display relevant home page as per the user type for first time users?

Type of Website: Portal

Target Audience: Companies that need art (artworks like vector art) and order sampling done. These companies are Promotional Suppliers and Distributors. There are first time users (lot of them) and existing client base.

The entire process is set online for receiving art till the point we invoice it.

Objective: Intuitively show personalized home page depending on the type of first time user (here -> Supplier or Distributor).

29 Mar 2010 - 10:51pm
4 years ago
1 reply
rajesh5575

Adobe Rich Web Experts Speaking at India's Biggest Independent Technology Event

Great Indian Developer Summit is India's Biggest Polyglot Conference for IT Professionals

29 Mar 2010 - 7:16pm
4 years ago
8 replies
j.scot

Hired a recent undergrad? If so, which school/program?

I'm trying to figure out which schools are churning out good candidates to fill junior IxD positions, and what these schools are calling the degree undergraduates receive (our HR department needs a better understanding). Schools in Southern California would be of particular interest since that's where we're located.

That said, if anyone steers clear of hiring recent undergrads (favoring instead graduate students or only those with a minimum level of real-world experience---regardless of education), I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

29 Mar 2010 - 3:53pm
4 years ago
1 reply
tonyzeoli

Digital Music News mentions UI, multi-platform and interoperability

Thought this would be interesting to the media & entertainment usability folks.

29 Mar 2010 - 2:55pm
Sara Faatz

An Evening Dedicated to Design in Bangalore - April 15

Infragistics is hosting Private Library Bangalore - an evening dedicated to Design on Thursday, April 15 from 19:00 – 21:00 at The Leela Palace Kempinski (Airport Road, Bangalore 560 008).

We will serve dinner, host a panel discussion and a conduct a demonstration of our newest collaboration tool, Quince Pro.

Our expert panel will share their experiences and answer questions about creating superior solutions through Design.  Speakers include:

29 Mar 2010 - 10:14am
4 years ago
6 replies
nomiyama

Sitemaps at bottom of page

I've seen designs that put sitemaps (generally showing two levels deep) at the bottom of every page and I'm wondering if anyone has evidence for whether or not this is a useful practice. My gut instinct is that you wouldn't need the site map if the navigation works well. But one of the arguments for it is that it allows you to get to deeper links more quickly. Of course it's at the bottom of the page so users may not even notice it...

29 Mar 2010 - 7:59am
Adler

HK IxDA meeting: Wed, 31 Mar, 19H30 - Fringe Club HK (MTR Central Exit D1)

Dear all,

If you are in Hong Kong, join us at our next meeting this week.

Where:  Fringe Club HK (MTR Central Exit D1), roof garden (or inside,
depending on the temperature)
When:   7.30pm, Wed, 31 Mar

Cheers,
Adler and Nicolas
mobile 9814 5027

--
Adler Looks Jorge 蔡鷹達
Interaction Designer, Hong Kong

"Absence of rules is a rule that depends on common sense."  Artur da Távola

28 Mar 2010 - 9:30pm
+2
3 years ago
42 replies
tonyzeoli

How do I delete a profile on IXDA?

I inadvertently signed up for two accounts. Does anyone know how to delete a profile? For the life of me, I can't find it.

Yes, it's quite funny to be a member of a site of interaction design professionals and there's no obvious delete button located on edit profile page. I've looked through every page, up and down, and can't seem to locate.

28 Mar 2010 - 5:58pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Rob Tannen

Historic Data on Growth of User Interface

Looking for examples of statistical data that would articulate the growth of user interface design in various ways - for example, number of interface design professionals, software applications, etc.