28 Apr 2010 - 5:39pm
4 years ago
6 replies
Shilpi Joshi
28 Apr 2010 - 5:12pm
4 years ago
11 replies
Christopher Rider

do users understand the terms "ascending" and "descending"?

Hi

My team have been discussing how to word the labels presented to non-sighted users for sortable table headers.

The terms "ascending" and "descending" are popping up like gophers. My instinct is that parsing these terms requires a lot of work on the users' part, so I'd prefer to use labels like  "A-Z", "0-9" and "newest first". Naturally, I'm getting some pushback from my development team, since this requires a different label depending on the data type of the column.

28 Apr 2010 - 12:22pm
Aynne Valencia

Mozilla Design Challange - Bravo IxDA!

I was delighted to see this just two clicks away from my Firefox default page this morning:

http://design-challenge.mozillalabs.com/subtitle/
Which is to solve for creating a means for creatign subtitles on videos thus enabling folks from other countries and those with disabilities to enjoy video content as well.

While, I'm sad to have missed the deadline but so pleased and proud to see IxDA listed on there.
Bravo - good on whoever arranged this!

Aynne Valencia
Co-Local Leader IxDA - San Francisco
http://www.avalen.com

28 Apr 2010 - 11:40am
4 years ago
1 reply
GarthDB

Your Application Looks Like Poo

I've been wrestling with this and I thought I would put it out there and gauge some opinions.

At 360|Flex I presented a session directed at application (Flex) developers aimed to inspire them to improve their application design skills.  It was part inspirational and part instructional as I went through basic design principles they should be aware of.

28 Apr 2010 - 11:39am
GarthDB

[Duplicate Post]

please remove

27 Apr 2010 - 9:32pm
+1
4 years ago
6 replies
Michelle Bacigalupi

The practice and art of style guides

I have the opportunity and task to create a style guide for our existing product. Our company is set to double in size this year and as the only (so far) XD person scale is an issue. I've started research style guides but thought I'd ping the expertise of this group as well. So here are a few questions...

27 Apr 2010 - 9:32pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Michelle Bacigalupi

The practice and art of style guides

I have the opportunity and task to create a style guide for our existing product. Our company is set to double in size this year and as the only (so far) XD person scale is an issue. I've started research style guides but thought I'd ping the expertise of this group as well. So here are a few questions...

27 Apr 2010 - 4:26pm
+1
jonesabi

[Plug] Design Sketching & Implementation - Sat. May 8 - Campbell, CA

• Ever wondered how to turn your ideas into sketches?
  • Interested in becoming a better visual communicator?
  • Need to get your ideas from sketches to implementation?

ZURB Design Sketching and Implementation, a BayCHI workshop hosted by Bryan Zmijewski and Jeremy Britton will get you on your way to learning the tools for designing and building successful products.

This workshop is ideal for interaction designers, product managers, and instructional designers.

27 Apr 2010 - 3:04pm
4 years ago
2 replies
hilary b

Intranet best practice

Hi there,

I'm starting work on an intranet redesign project and am after some examples of good intranet design in the last few years (most examples I have found are 2002 and older). Public & financial sector examples would be a bonus. Any suggestions welcomed