Discussion Archive: April 2010

23 Apr 2010 - 8:40am
4 years ago
2 replies
Uday Gajendar

[JOB] Looking for rockstar designers to join me at Citrix!

Hi folks, I’m looking for star designers to join me at Citrix in Santa Clara :-) I recently joined as a Principal Designer to help our VP of Design (who came from Salesforce) create design excellence in the enterprise. We’ve got a mandate from the CEO to “simplify, unify, and consumerize” our geeky IT apps into products that are cool, vivid, engaging, and reinventing how people work.

23 Apr 2010 - 5:00am
William Hudson

Courses in Agile, Ajax and Web Usability + Book

(Apologies if you receive more than one of these.)

We have several courses coming up in May:
 - 10 May, Agile UCD (London) http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/agileucd.shtml
 - 24 May, Ajax Design and Usability (UPA Conference, Munich - evening)
 - 25 May, Web Design for Usability (UPA Conference, Munich - full day)

Atul N Joshi

[5 cities in India] UXD Training by Design Incubator, 2010

Hi there!
Design Incubator R&D Labs announces UXD Training 2010 in 5 cities in India: Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi.
Early Entry Discounts are available for a limited time period, so register early!
- Discount End Dates for Mumbai and Pune: 14th May 2010
- Discount End Dates for Bangalore and Hyderabad: 20th July 2010

22 Apr 2010 - 3:12am
4 years ago
3 replies
dom.latham

UX, Interaction Design, UX Strategy Training, Short courses & Workshops in Europe

I am due some training from my company and I'm looking for short course and workshops.

I'm living in Berlin, Germany so travel to the US is probably out of the question, but anywhere in Europe is doable. If you are teaching a course or workshop this is your chance to plug it, or if you have attended one then I'd be grateful for recommendations.

Sadly I can't make UX Lisbon or Usability Week London 2010.

This is doable though and looks interesting. http://www.uxworkshops.com/user_experience_workshops.php

Any more suggestions would be warmly recieved.

Thanks.

21 Apr 2010 - 4:34am
+1
Marek Pawlowski

MEX UX Awards deadline is looming - 30th April

Hello - a quick reminder for the group that the deadline for entering the MEX User Experience Awards is coming up fast: Friday, 30th April 2010 at 23:00 London time.

Entry is free and open to all through a simple online form:

http://mobileuserexperience.com/mexdesign/

(You can also browse all the existing entries and vote for your favourites.)

21 Apr 2010 - 4:15am
+1
4 years ago
3 replies
Nik

"Recently Viewed" functionality..

Hi All,

Does anyone have any knowledge of the 'Recently Viewed' functionality being used on a more article based site rather than your typical ecom sites showing recent products?

Many thanks,

Nik

20 Apr 2010 - 9:23pm
4 years ago
19 replies
mkruzeniski

Experience/Interaction Design firms in Europe

Hi all, I'm looking for interaction / experience / software design agencies in Europe. Below are a few that I know of. I'd appreciated some other recommendations. Thanks, Mike.

Native (London)

BERG (London)

Ergonomi Design (Stockholm)

Nordkapp (Helsinki)

20 Apr 2010 - 12:51pm
4 years ago
7 replies
LFrancis

Recommendations for getting people to give their postal code

I have a quiz where people fill out 15+ questions to find out what kind of traveller they are. My client would like to ask them for their postal code, so that they can ultimately send people information and offers that are customized to their traveller type and location. They would also like the postal code to validate the geo segmentation research about the traveller type differences by location.

Quiz respondents are not asked for their full mailing address. They have an option to opt in to receive further information by providing an eMail address.

20 Apr 2010 - 12:35pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Michelle Bacigalupi

Examples and definition of 'workflows' in software interactions

Hi,

I'm having a slight disagreement (with an engineer) as to what defines workflow in our software. Any thoughts or experiences on how you've defined / implemented it in your products?

tks!

Michelle

20 Apr 2010 - 11:04am
Nehal

PhD universities in Interaction- Interior Experience ?

Hello everyone
I am a recent Master degree graduate in interior design with a project oriented toward interaction design experience.

I wish to pursue my PhD degree preferably in UK or in any other countries but would need your suggestions for universities  offering PhD in interaction design with a possibility of orienting the subject towards interior Design ????

Many thanks
Nehal