Discussion Archive: April 2010

20 Apr 2010 - 3:44am
3 years ago
22 replies
jnwllm

Prototyping tools: Axure (on Mac) VS Fireworks VS Flash Catalyst VS ???

Hi all,

For one of our clients I am asked to create a 'clickable demo' for usability testing. I've started this thread to ask you guys what tools you use/prefer/advice to create clickable demos (including arguments would do best). The project is about a recruitment section of a corporate site and will include pretty much dynamic content and some flash elements.

19 Apr 2010 - 3:22pm
Jeffrey D. Gimzek

Information Architect/User Experience Designer

Hey Kids,

Do you want to work on all the [soon to be] coolest online and mobile application interfaces?

Can you design both information and interactions ?

Then we have the gig for you:

My company is looking for experienced IA/UX professionals that can shape the user experience from both and interaction and information perspective.
If you are stronger in one than the other, that is fine, but some experience in both is necessary.

19 Apr 2010 - 1:36pm
3 years ago
3 replies
mathisanita

Giving proper credit for design ideas

I'm new to user experience design. I do a lot of research. When presenting a formal design analysis, what is the best practice for incorporating ideas from other designers as suggestions? Should I include a written reference to sources?

18 Apr 2010 - 8:43am
3 years ago
3 replies
Burak Özdelice

The first interactive application and the first physical interactive installation in the world

hi,

I've been recently researching about first interactive applications that placed on digital (virtual) or real platforms. Firstly I can probably say that the first interactive application was  belong to 1977 year name is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspen_Movie_Map">Aspen Movie Map</a> But there is some strange things in there like touch screen usage <em>(I mean is could be the first app?)</em>

Secondly I need "the first installation or performance". I could not find enought or exact information about that.

18 Apr 2010 - 2:04am
1 year ago
11 replies
Terms:
Minal

Feedback on the online master degree program in HCI at DePaul universities

Hey guys!

I recently learnt that DePaul university, Chicago is offering the online course in HCI.

Can anyone tell me if these online courses are equally good as the on campus courses. Would I be losing on anything if I choose to take the online study option?

18 Apr 2010 - 1:56am
4 years ago
4 replies
Minal

List of Masters program in HCI in California state

Hey guys!

I am a bachelor of fine arts (Visual Communication and Applied art) from India. I have been working in the field for e-learning from past 6+ years. I am now planning to take up the masters degree in HCI.

17 Apr 2010 - 5:24pm
4 years ago
3 replies
HugoNS

Municipality / City council website references

Hi guys

What's the best references regarding municipality / city council websites, around the world?

Thanks

HugoNS
Web Strategist

baruag

UX/UI Design constraints for Android platform?

Hello all !

We at Desolve are planning to design a new Android home screen experience.

We believe that the future of home screens will no more be 'idle' but dynamic and fluid like the Vodafone 360, Microsoft Kin. Our vision for the interface we would like to design is in the direction of the Microsoft Kin (with our own twist to it) which will make the home screen come alive.

camille moussette

4 PhD positions (with funding) in Industrial/Interaction Design at the Umeå Institute of Design, Sweden

Umeå Institute of Design (http://www.dh.umu.se) announces four new PhD positions. The PhD positions are within the fields of industrial design and mobile interaction design. The application deadline is May 12th 2010.

Please visit the specific pages for further details about each position:

2 PhD positions in Industrial Design