Discussion Archive: April 2010

14 Apr 2010 - 8:18am
4 years ago
2 replies
Marek Pawlowski

Deadline for MEX Conference scholarships this Friday

This Friday, 16th April, is the deadline to apply for one of the scholarships to attend the MEX Mobile User Experience Conference & Awards in London on 19th/20th May:

http://pmn.co.uk/mex/scholarship09m.shtml

The 7th international MEX Conference brings together 100 of the deepest thinkers in mobile user experience for 2 days of expert learning, new idea creation and networking.

14 Apr 2010 - 1:57am
4 years ago
3 replies
thepofo

UI Standards within the organization

Hi All,

I've been reading this post on UI Trends about questioning the use of UI standards with the organization. http://uitrends.com/2010/04/13/are-user-interface-standards-any-good/

Personally I do believe that UI standards are needed within a company but they need to leave room for creativity and change.

What's your feeling?

Eric

13 Apr 2010 - 11:52pm
+1
4 years ago
3 replies
ofilippelli

An invitation to redefine the role and skills of a UX Designer

I would like to engage the UX designer community in a discussion about the different roles and skills necessary in today’s User Experience design field.  We have allowed many people in years past to define, or try to define what a UX designer is.  From developers, who may see us as simple-minded individuals who don’t understand basic UI design principles, to the business executives, who may see what we do as the final frosting decoration on the cake.

13 Apr 2010 - 1:38pm
4 years ago
4 replies
Dezyner

Creating a design Strategy

Please help to find more relative information on below topics...

-What is design strategy?
-Why to create a design strategy? Importance
-Any available tools in market?
-Fields Applicable, examples
-How much time should one take to create, what roles should be involved?

13 Apr 2010 - 1:37pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Dezyner

Creating a design Strategy

Please help to find more relative information on below topics...

-What is design strategy?
-Why to create a design strategy? Importance
-Any available tools in market?
-Fields Applicable, examples
-How much time should one take to create, what roles should be involved?

13 Apr 2010 - 10:58am
bmeunier

New feature needed on IXDA: Subscribe to thread

I know we can do that this in our account/profil user page... but, <strong>can we add a simple subscribe button on each thread (email and web) to receive any new comments by email</strong>?

13 Apr 2010 - 4:26am
winnieliang

Lecturers needed in Asia (Fashion Design/Marketing, Product Designing, Visual Communication, etc)

Would you like to broaden your professional network while experiencing different cultures across ASIA?

12 Apr 2010 - 11:53am
4 years ago
4 replies
aleya_c

Touch Screen design

Need Advice,

I'm designing a 42" widescreen 16:9 touch screen interface. What resolution should I create my prototype in, what's a good resource site I should look into.

Thanks in advance

12 Apr 2010 - 10:43am
4 years ago
11 replies
Powers

Hiring New UX People

When hiring a UX lead what do you think is one of the most important questions to ask?

12 Apr 2010 - 2:53am
4 years ago
8 replies
Terms:
Dimiter Simov

Link length in body text

I am having an interesting discussion with some of my colleagues about link lengh and I need some facts and opinions.