Discussion Archive: May 2010

Bea Monteiro

JOB: Hot Studio San Francisco is hiring Director of Engineering!

Director of Engineering—Hot Studio San Francisco

7 May 2010 - 10:00am
thomaskueber
7 May 2010 - 6:14am
+2
4 years ago
5 replies
Prashant Dixit

Google's New Design

By now, I’m sure we all must have noticed the new design that Google recently rolled out. I somehow feel that the left hand sidebar filters can be designed better.  Even the transition from more search tools to fewer search tools does not seem to be very smooth. Google has been experimenting with this sidebar for many months now. I wish if there was an option to “turn off” this new sidebar. Though I really like the way more filters are given in search categories such as Images, Books etc.  Especially the color and type search in images is absolutely fundu.

7 May 2010 - 5:04am
Danny Hope

Re: [event] UX Brighton Event: Design Games

(cross-posted)

I know some of you have had difficulty getting to the ticketing page for this event. Try again now, it should work fine and sorry for the inconvenience.

When: 11 May, 6:00 for a 6:30 start Where: icrossing, Moore House, 13 Black Lion Street, Brighton, UK, BN1 1ND (top buzzer, next door to the Jamie Oliver restaurant) (Map)

In yet another change of format, this month Rob Phillips has agreed to run a workshop covering a number of hands-on design games.

7 May 2010 - 2:48am
4 years ago
2 replies
harrybr

Re: [IxDA] How do I delete a profile on IXDA?

Can someone please help me... 
Where is the control in the UI that allows me to block moaning? 
</joke>

6 May 2010 - 10:57pm
4 years ago
2 replies
ofilippelli

Custom Controls Vs Native Standard Controls for Web 2.0

Does anybody understands the limitations of native standard controls such as the ones provided by Microsoft Devexpress?  I keep banging my head agains this wall over an over.  I am trying to enhance the look and feel of our soft products, some are migrating from Client base to web base products.  My CTO its completely against custom controls! Which means for me that I have to use the same drop down, popup, buttons, etc across all our products.  Why can't I customize these controls?

6 May 2010 - 3:38pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Bea Monteiro

JOB: Hey IAs, IxDs, & UXers! HotStudio New York is hiring senior-level UX designers!

Hot Studio NYC is looking for a Senior User Experience Architect!

About Hot Studio

6 May 2010 - 1:44pm
Danny Hope

[event] UX Brighton Event: Design Games

(cross-posted)

(some of you may have seen me mention this event last week, via @uxbri, here are the full details)

When: 11 May, 6:00 for a 6:30 start Where: icrossing, Moore House, 13 Black Lion Street, Brighton, UK, BN1 1ND (top buzzer, next door to the Jamie Oliver restaurant) (Map)

In yet another change of format, this month Rob Phillips has agreed to run a workshop covering a number of hands-on design games.

6 May 2010 - 1:32pm
Terms:
Chicago IxDA4

[Event Recap] IxDA Chicago April Event

Over 80 people attended our April event, "Creating Extraordinary Experiences: How planning inspires greatness" held at Critical Mass' (CM) Chicago location. A full recording of the event can be viewed at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6347010

6 May 2010 - 12:26pm
4 years ago
3 replies
russwilson

Recommendations for Flash Builder (Flex) and Javascript training?

If you know of any great resources for Flash Builder (Flex) and/or Javascript training,I would really appreciate it! I'm looking for courses that would focus on creating interactiveweb-based UI's using these technologies.

Better yet, with regard to Javascript, I'm interested specifically in GWT/GXT...
Thanks!!

--------
Russell Wilson
VP, Product Design

CA, Inc.