Discussion Archive: May 2010

24 May 2010 - 1:40pm
4 years ago
3 replies
niklasw

Surface table in Washington DC on June 3rd?

Hi

A bit short of time here but, I'm trying to find a MS Surface Table to rent for an event in Washington DC on June the 3rd. I was just invited to the Swedish embassy to do a talk and it would be very beneficial if I could live demo our Surface app on an actual Surface table.

Do you have one at your offices or do you know of one in the Washington DC area that are possibly available for rent? My company, Ergonomidesign, will of course pay for transportation, insurance and such. I have all the knowledge to get it up and running myself.

24 May 2010 - 1:07pm
Terry Strong

Re: [IxDA] Redesign Phoenix

Hi Tonia,

Just wanted to confirm that the IxDA meeting is still on for tomorrow in Chandler.  I plan to be there.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Let me know if there is any changes.  Thanks!

Terry Strong

480 830-2484

24 May 2010 - 1:06pm
Terry Strong

Re: [IxDA] Redesign Phoenix

Hi Tonia,

Just wanted to confirm that the IxDA meeting is still on for tomorrow in Chandler.  I plan to be there.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Let me know if there is any changes.  Thanks!

Terry Strong

40 830-2484

24 May 2010 - 11:22am
keeverfrye

Building Custom Web Apps Right and Fast: Why rapid prototyping with Sketchflow and user research are the keys to success

Format: Free Webinar
Instructor: John Whalen PhD, Director, User Experience & Design, e.magination
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
Place: Online Webinar

24 May 2010 - 9:21am
4 years ago
2 replies
technosumit
24 May 2010 - 8:23am
4 years ago
1 reply
Chauncey Wilson

JOB: Fulltime User Researcher position Autodesk, Inc.. IN WALTHAM MA (near Boston), USA

There is a user researcher position open with my group in Waltham, MA near Boston.  Please apply online using the job number below.  Thanks, Chauncey     USER RESEARCHER POSITION AT AUTODESK, INC. IN WALTHAM MA, USA

User Researcher (Job Number: 10000000Q5)
Please apply online by going to:  http://autodesk.taleo.net/careersection/adsk_gen/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en and entering the job number 10000000Q5

DESCRIPTION

24 May 2010 - 7:02am
elvenmuse

Re: [IxDA] Avoid Mockupitis!

"[IxDA] Avoid Mockupitis!"

It is like a graphic artist making only drawings (sketches) and never finishing paintings (final works, "master pieces", sell'able art... not that drawings are also sellable)

// CC by-nc-sa

24 May 2010 - 5:57am
4 years ago
3 replies
milan

Architecture tools for complex modelling

Hi,

we are basing our IA and Interaction Design projects very much on abstract modelling. Depending on the individual project, this includes object and task models, user groups, activity diagrams (swim lane etc.), data and metadata models, use cases, site maps of course, etc. - all this with the goal to capture, analyse and model the structures underlying a design or architecture. The goal is to have a reason behind every element in a wireframe or prototype.

Until now, we are working mainly with tools like Visio and OmniGraffle, occasionally others.

23 May 2010 - 5:20pm
+1
4 years ago
13 replies
Sunil Shrivastav

How to create interesting Portfolio?

Hi,

I need to create portfolio to show my ability to design end-to-end user experiences with examples of design proposals, scenarios, use cases, interaction flows, wireframes, UX architecture, visual designs and specifications.

I am looking for for some guidance and examples for how to create interesting portfolio.

Thanks, Sunil http://www.designindna.com/