Discussion Archive: June 2010

15 Jun 2010 - 2:04am
Ishita

Project Sponsorship

Dear Friends,

On behalf of my friend, I am writing this mail to Design Groups, She is doing her design graduation from Famous D-school in HCI / Interaction, If any wants to sponsor the class room - design projects or Involve her in ongoing Project or wants her to ship out your Professional Projects so they are welcome,

She is currently carrying professional work experience of around 4-5 years in interaction and visual design prior to the degree,

Regards,

Ishita Jindal

BFA- MFA
DCA

15 Jun 2010 - 12:26am
Ishita

Project Sponsorship

Dear Friends,

On behalf of my friend, I am writing this mail to Design Groups, She is doing her design graduation from Famous D-school in HCI / Interaction, If any wants to sponsor the class room - design projects or Involve her in ongoing Project or wants her to ship out your Professional Projects so they are welcome,

She is currently carrying professional work experience of around 4-5 years in interaction and visual design prior to the degree,

Regards,

Ishita Jindal
<

14 Jun 2010 - 11:04pm
neha

RE: [IxDA] Pixel perfect wireframes?

I agree with you. We do that too. Coloured wireframes with close to actual font size helps in visualising the page and its much easier to get client approvals :)

14 Jun 2010 - 3:33pm
mmlodl

Social Media Displays

Ideation stages for mixing social media with display technology, but striving to find something interactive. This is a novice project, but wondering if anyone is aware of social media technologies similar to--and hopefully a bit more interactive--than:

Twitter Fountain (http://www.twitterfountain.com/)

Mojito WiFi (http://mymojito.com.s23767.gridserver.com/popup/complete)

Wiffiti (http://wiffiti.com/)

14 Jun 2010 - 3:18pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Oleh Kovalchuke

Re: [IxDA] improvement request :: add jobs mailing list

Hear, hear. All are good thoughts. Not to be lost in the clutter.

-- Oleh Kovalchuke (816) 808-6177

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:18 AM, netwiz wrote: > There are some simple things that could be done to improve the > experience of this list. > > Broadly, there are three types of posts > 1) IXD discussions, which is what the list is for > 2) Job posts > 3) Issues with the site, registration etc > > If I am the type of person who only uses email, then I need something in > the email to point me to the right place.

14 Jun 2010 - 1:13pm
4 years ago
10 replies
Navid

transition to ipad - no hover - behaviors unclear - ideas?

I was getting into the groove designing web-page interactions where there is a button, and then hover over the button reveals a panel for configuration.
This allowed progressive disclosure, and if the users didn't initially find the panel, it was a-ok.   Hover panels are great for layering.
However, with the i-Pad those nice hovers (which are kinda discoverable) don't exist, instead they turn into a tap.   And then activation of the actual button is a double-tap.
mapping this out

14 Jun 2010 - 12:46pm
Stefan_Wallin

Re: [IxDA] Pixel perfect wireframes?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM, digitalmatt <matt@digitalmatt.net> wrote:

But as far as padding, margins, alignment, colors, weight, gestalt, overall design, typography, etc...those decisions should be made by a designer.
14 Jun 2010 - 11:54am
4 years ago
11 replies
Bonnie E. John

Need UI suggestions for a long-running process that impacts what the user is doing

Folks, I have been asked by a development group for advice on the following situation.

A user does something in a software-architecture design tool (adds component, changes a parameter somewhere, etc.). The design tool has a lot of smarts under the hood, which process all the far-flung implications of what the user just did and this could take a while, say, 30 seconds or even a couple of minutes. The development team thinks they need to give control back to the user and let the user go on working, because it would be really annoying if users had to wait every time they did so

14 Jun 2010 - 10:52am
Fredrik Matheson

Re: [IxDA] Brand strategy documents/Design handbooks do they contain behaviours and experiences?

Have you had a look at the Zappos book?http://www.zappos.com/zapposcom-gear-zapposcom-culture-book-2009-edition-n-a

From its blurb: 
"If you've ever wondered why Zappos' employees and vendors are so passionate about our company culture, you'll find all of the answers in the Zappos Culture Book - 2009 Edition.

14 Jun 2010 - 8:20am
Simon Clatworthy

Brand strategy documents/Design handbooks do they contain behaviours and experiences?

Hi,

I have been working with a few companies now on designing services, and particularly assisting them with the transfer from brand strategy to service experience. All of the companies I know of, have reasonable but traditional brand strategy documents (text and ppt) and traditional design handbooks (text, images, logos, fonts).