Discussion Archive: June 2010

22 Jun 2010 - 7:17pm
4 years ago
6 replies
thomasdiluccio

Literature on Sustainable Interaction Design

Hi, 

I am pretty concerned about environmental issue and as a designer, I produce always more products and interfaces. My concern is to make a sustainable design.

Have you any articles, videos, papers to suggest (on both theoretical and practical side) ?

Thanks,

Thomas

22 Jun 2010 - 5:47pm
Benjamin_L

[IxDA] list discussion post test to!

Rapidiously iterate resource sucking collaboration and idea-sharing before
leveraged leadership skills. Dramatically productivate impactful best
practices whereas go forward expertise. Authoritatively cultivate web-enabled
imperatives before accurate services.

Synergistically reinvent performance based partnerships through parallel
web-readiness. Conveniently scale team driven platforms before excellent
niches.

22 Jun 2010 - 5:14pm
Philipp Schroeder

Re: [IxDA] MA Design for Interactive Media at Middlesex

Hi Rafael,

Rafael wrote: > Hi Philipp, > I got an offer from Middlesex and I wonder how good is the program > because all they say it's customized. > Are the tutors really good?

22 Jun 2010 - 4:40pm
4 years ago
2 replies
wraevn

Horizontal Grouping GUI

I've been charged with designing a horizontal version of the attached graphic.

Think of the 'Conditions' area like the white text box where you type your search query in Google.

Pictured are 2 groups of items. The outer group (colored blue) has a right border that is blue with vertical lines and a triangle. This indicates it is an AND group. The inner group (colored green) has right border that is orangish with diagonal lines and a half-circle. This indicates it is an OR group.

22 Jun 2010 - 3:06pm
Traci Lepore
22 Jun 2010 - 11:47am
4 years ago
3 replies
Stew Dean

Looking for great examples of customer reviews for ecommerce.

Hi,    I'm looking to collect some best practice examples to feed into a ratings and reviews project I'm working on for an ecommerce site in the UK. Can you think of any great examples - maybe something you've seen or something you've done you wouldn't mind sharing. 

Thanks in advance for your help.   Cheers
--
Stew Dean

22 Jun 2010 - 8:20am
whitneyq

Re: [IxDA] Is the Certified Usability Analyst title acknowledged by employeers?

I think your conclusion is pretty sound.

The cases where I have seen this certification make a difference were all people working within a company who were trying to get that company to pay more attention to UX (and to take them seriously as someone who could do that). It gave them a little respect for having gone after the training to get started, and helped make the case to their manager.

These were all people trying to shift or expand the focus of their work, while staying in the same company.

22 Jun 2010 - 6:34am
4 years ago
1 reply
smitty777

RE: [IxDA] Setting up a UX department at an agency from scratch

I would recommend reading "The Institutionalization of Usability" by Shaffer

http://www.amazon.com/Institutionalization-Usability-Step-Step-Guide/dp/03211 7934X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277206462&sr=1-1

//Bill

-----Original Message----- From: ixdaor@host.ixda.org [mailto:ixdaor@host.ixda.org] On Behalf Of tessa Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:13 AM To: William Schmidt Subject: Re: [IxDA] Setting up a UX department at an agency from scratch

Numbers correspond to yours below:1) First, get them on your side - they may view you as an intrusion into the work they have been

22 Jun 2010 - 1:15am
Mark Vanderbeeken

The user experience of city cards

Many cities in Europe are rolling out City Card programs. City cards usually offer a combination of travel on public transport and discounts and free offers at museums, cultural venues, entertainment, leisure attractions, evening venues, shops and restaurants.

I am looking for any information on applying user-centred design in such programs: user studies, ethnographic research, user needs analysis, user experience studies, interaction design, service design, experience prototyping, etc.

Thanks a lot.

Mark Vanderbeeken Experientia, Italy www.experientia.com

21 Jun 2010 - 4:15pm
4 years ago
1 reply
Brian Mila

RE: [IxDA] Is the mouse dead?

There was a similar project that used a microphone affixed to the table that would detect and measure the change in pitch as the user scratched or tapped the surface. It had the advantage that the user could place their hand anywhere on a desk, so they were not constrained to a particular location like this infrared solution. I wonder what the resolution of either of them would be.